When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New HBB Full Ceramic Case from Puretime

mwee

I just saw on Puretime's website where he has a new range of HBB Full Ceramic Case for a few models, All Black, Black Magic and of particular interest to me, the Ice Bang. I have been waiting for this for a long Time! Finally, an Ice Bang with full ceramic casing, correct hands. One thing I found very interesting is that the bezel is not normal SS like previous version but a PVD Coated version (grey color PVD coated steel bezel with teeth (finger prints proof and non cutting edge!)

I think this looks really nice! Any comments or opinions! Would love to hear any feedback before buying. Just when I thought I can take a breather, this comes along!

HBBAllCeramicIceBang.jpg

almost every one still has the flaws like white lettering on black background dw's on the tempus omg those Chinese rep makers is [censored]ed up such a simpel thing to fix.

Hi Dani,

That's true :rolleyes:

That's why I am more interested in this particular model. What do you think of this one? BTW, isn't Lello making some DWs for the all Black?

Mark

Hi Dani,

That's true :rolleyes:

That's why I am more interested in this particular model. What do you think of this one? BTW, isn't Lello making some DWs for the all Black?

Mark

I think this one looks ok from what i can see but i em no hbb expert.

If lello makes dw's then i think still the hard part is their to change them.

Cheers

I think this one looks ok from what i can see but i em no hbb expert.

If lello makes dw's then i think still the hard part is their to change them.

Cheers

think The Zigmeister can change them. For me the main thing is to find out if the gen hands has lumi! Any ideas? Any way thanks for the feedback.

Its great to see a good Ice Bang rep finally, one of these has been on the top of my wish list for a while. This one seems very good, real ceramic case, bezel is the proper serrated edge style not polished like the older reps. They have even got the bezel colour right. The real bezel is made from Tungsten Carbide btw.

I would expect the usual Big Bang rep problems, loose screws are themost common, you definitly need to thread lock everything, carefully too, the threads on my Mellow Yellow BB were nearly non existent. There are also lots of these with un-oiled movements.

The bezel edge seems to be smooth as seen in H's official site. Or am I missing something here?

Angus did mention in his website that the bezel is finger-print proof and also non-cutting edge. To me, this is not an issue as I do plan to change it to a ceramic bezel. No matter what they do, it will never be the same as an original Ice Bang Bezel, so changing it would be much better and nicer too!

I was just looking at these today. I've been waiting on a full ceramic HBB, but $758 is just too rich for my blood. I realize that these are coming from the first factory, and that they're probably very good quality, but there are other all ceramic HBB's out there for under $400. The price difference is just too much. They either need a major price drop, or they need to put out a a "Lite" verison with no AR for 50% less.

I like the Ice Bang, and the new gray PVD coated bezel is better than the old plain SS version, but I too would swap it out for a polished ceramic bezel. I have no idea why the rep makers can make a ceramic bezel but not a tungsten bezel?

well i said F*#k it and ordered mine this morning ... I've wanted this watch forever....

Hey, nice! what did you order, the Ice Bang? Would you post some pics when you get it? Would really appreciate that as it would be great to see how it really looks like!

One final question, does anyone kow if the hands have lumi?

Hey, nice! what did you order, the Ice Bang? Would you post some pics when you get it? Would really appreciate that as it would be great to see how it really looks like!

One final question, does anyone kow if the hands have lumi?

yep i got the ice bang and i will post some pics as soon as it drops

It is great that they finally made these BUT....

Ice Bang- I have never been a real fan of this model... looks good but not good enough for me to buy - and what is the point of getting an expensive rep with case made of real ceramic like gen if bezel will still be of diffrent material than it should?

All Black - I really wanted to get it even in PVD but I guess the DW would be a problem for me

Black Magic - nice but still kind of boring.

And on top of all that - they all come with display caseback which shows incorrect movement and actually has plasticky crystal in it that looks cheap.

Anyway would love to see some pics from people who ordered these - maybe they will make me change my mind :)

As I couldn't find anyting, I posted a question on TZ and apparently there is lumi on the hands on the Ice Bang and the hands on the subdials as well. However, I just got an official reply from Hublot that there are no lumi on the latest Ice Bangs. So it seems the newer ones do not have the lumi and the older ones do.

Ned to ask the experts in the movement, if I get the engraved rotor from another HBB with the same 28800 beat, would it fit into the movment of this new Ice Bang? Would really appreciate any feedback on this.

So - since I am new to Hublots - but this version is interesting - what is the deal with this rotor. Is it engraved - or are we still talking about stickers?

hn6.jpg

I don't know. If I am not wrong, the HBBs from the so-called first or best factory do not have engraved rotors your pics sure looks like it is engraved. It says Decorated Insignia Rotor on the description which say nothing! Guess we will just have to wait for 82KUBA to get his Ice Bang and we will find out!

• 2 weeks later...

well it finally got here

and it going back

the bad: broken screw /striped screw heads / AR scrached / marks on the strap / and min. subdial not reseting to zero

the good: engraved rotor/ great AR / ceramic is beutiful /bezel looks great an changes color in light...dark grey to light

contacted Angus he sent me the slip to send it back ... i asked him to send me back the black magic instead let see what happenes

post-7179-1226156376_thumb.jpg

post-7179-1226157069_thumb.jpg

well it finally got here

and it going back

the bad: broken screw /striped screw heads / AR scrached / marks on the strap / and min. subdial not reseting to zero

the good: engraved rotor/ great AR / ceramic is beutiful /bezel looks great an changes color in light...dark grey to light

contacted Angus he sent me the slip to send it back ... i asked him to send me back the black magic instead let see what happenes

Jesus that blows. More shipping costs, and more chances. We need someone who is going to inspect this crap before we get it. SO that it is good crap.

Sorry to hear of your trouble :( I hope you arranged with Puretime to cross ship the replacement, to save time :)

You should really consider buying from a dealer who has some sort QC, like PreciousTime, or Eurotimez etc......

The 3 main dealers (and a lot of the other dealers too) do not QC the watches, they drop ship. They will probably get somebody to have a quick glance at the second watch that is sent though :p

Cheers! B)

ive purchase all my rep. about 10 from puretime ... never had this sort of QC problem ...but ever since Angus set up his site his service and email respones have gone down the drain ... but he still has always stuck to his guns and helped me out with any issues ive had so that why i keep going back .... im loyal as a pitbull i guess lol