When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New "high-end" fashion/statement of wealth phones coming soon

Chronus

I'm sorry I just find that absurd because if you apply that ehtos to things in life then why bother with rep's or gen watches for that matter, the market stall $10 folexs should suffice you - ah well each to their own

I have a similar ethos, but it is also balanced by practicality.

Some examples:

Buying generic clothes/foodstuffs rather than 'brandname' products = Saving money

Buying reps rather than gens = Saving money (okay, saving more money than would be saved buying the gen version of the watches :lol: )

So here comes the biter.... Why not just buy a $10 quartz and save more money?

$10 does not have a luminous dial in a large enough size for my requirements, and is most likely not waterproof...

One is a case of buying a cheaper product to save on money, the other, is that in some cases, the cheaper/cheapest product, is not always as good as a more expensive product, depending on a persons requirements ;)^_^

Sure I get what you are saying but then why not go for say a $50 casio which will be better made, have better functions and probably last you all your life then say a $500 Panerai rep... lets face it it comes down to Style and marketing "hype" around these brands which in the end is the same as with these phones ;)

Plus if you are going for a $200 rep of a $8000 phone you are saving money too :p

Edited by exper

I have a similar ethos, but it is also balanced by practicality.

Some examples:

Buying generic clothes/foodstuffs rather than 'brandname' products = Saving money

Buying reps rather than gens = Saving money (okay, saving more money than would be saved buying the gen version of the watches :lol: )

So here comes the biter.... Why not just buy a $10 quartz and save more money?

$10 does not have a luminous dial in a large enough size for my requirements, and is most likely not waterproof...

One is a case of buying a cheaper product to save on money, the other, is that in some cases, the cheaper/cheapest product, is not always as good as a more expensive product, depending on a persons requirements ;)^_^

I hope you haven't been using dealers' waterproof services ;)

Remeber the golden rule of reps and waterproofness... take your watch off before going into the water if you want to be 100% safe!

It gets even more outlandish - you won't be able to re-sell your Motorola Aura to anyone but Motorola to keep it's exclusivity...

http://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_aura_to_s...is-news-658.php

• 3 weeks later...

Could you imagine popping 10k for a phone, going out on the yatch for the day and accidentaly dropping it over the side while showing it off ("check this out, just got it, it has real titanium and saphire and...oops.....ah....oh no.......sploosh...................blub blub blub.........") :boat:

Well, thats probably what would happen to me, thats why I stick with pay-as-you-go phones.

:plane:

Could you imagine popping 10k for a phone, going out on the yatch for the day and accidentaly dropping it over the side while showing it off ("check this out, just got it, it has real titanium and saphire and...oops.....ah....oh no.......sploosh...................blub blub blub.........") :boat:

Well, thats probably what would happen to me, thats why I stick with pay-as-you-go phones.

:plane:

I find most people upgrade their phones every 1-2 years so an expensive one really DOES become expensive, while watches can be for life :tu: