When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP experts needed

boston21

I have been planning on geting the ROO (new model w/ sec at 12 and offset dials). Initially, I wanted to get the white face safari b/c the numbers did not require lume. Howevr, I really like the black face listed here http://www.puretimewatch.com/index.php?productID=435 Does anyone know if he numbers on this one have lume (on the gen or rep)

Thanks in advance

The gen definitely has good lume.

The rep White Thames has decent lume, this watch the Black Thames I have heard has very poor rep lume.

I can't think of any rep of any brand with gen like lume though, so either plan to send your watch to The Zigmeister or another modder to relume or reset your priorities in terms of lume.

Lume from rep watches is never very good.

Cheers,

M

I have the black themes and unfortunately there is NO lume on the numerals, but the problem with the safari dial is that the color of the dial itself is wrong. It should be off white...almost beige, with white/silver subdials. The rep dial is a purer white for sure and the subdials are the same color as the surrounding dial. If you want accuracy, then the black themes dial with a relume is the way to go.

Reluming this dial would be something only Ziggy would be capable of accomplishing.. but if you look at how high the numerals are raised.. the re-lume may be questionable.. but I am not the 'expert' be sure the date window on the black dial is all black ... like the genuine

Only the hands are lumed on the rep..(black dial)

csc0009fv3.jpg

The APROO sec@12 is so well engineer, been tempted to get it for a long time. But still wondering if the bracelet can be trimmed down to fit a 6" wrist. Enough removable links to accomodate this size? Anyone got any idea?

Raymond has a wrist about that size .. and his fits no problem.. or you could alway's get a Gator strap .. which brings down the 'look" of the ROO being oversized.. jus a thought.. :D