When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Explorer II Crystal

steve5793

Hello all!!

I was wondering if anyone could help me with this. I recently acquired a rep Explorer II that does not have the crystal. I was wondering if anyone knew the measurements of the crystal so I can get the correct one. I would measure it myself, but like I said; the watch I have has no crystal to measure and I don't want to get the wrong size.

Thank you!!

what version of the Exp2 do you have? Take some pics esp. take some between the lugs where the serial no. is (with the bracelet removed). I pretty much can tell. Crystals of different models don't interchange so you have to know the model. Noobfactory exp2 (serial no: F520117) actually can take gen crystal.

-bk

absolutely serious. Noobfactory exp2 is a little hidden treasure. The way the crystal fits onto the case is just like that of gen. It uses a gasket that goes around the crystal (of course) and also around the outside of the rehaut, like gen style bezel assembly for the sub and gmt. And then the bezel (with numbers 2, 4, ..., 24) serves as a retaining ring that fits over the gasket and locks the crystal in place. The crystal used in noob exp2 is of the gen type, the middle one:

crystal_const.jpg

It doesn't use the other F520117 crystal.

I measured a generic 295-C2. It has the same diameters (outside and inside) as the noob exp2's. I successfully fitted the generic 295-C2 on the noob exp2. Only thing is the generic 295-C2 looks too high above the bezel. I'm hoping the gen or Clark's will look less tall. I think the problem might not be because of the crystal but rather the exp2 bezel is too thin and sits too low.

Actually since noob exp2 can take gen crystal, I have myself a project to turn a noob exp2 case into a GMT case that can take gen style bezel assembly. It's very doable. I'll make a post of this project soon.

-bk

Edited by bklm1234

absolutely serious. Noobfactory exp2 is a little hidden treasure.

Truer words have never been spoken. I've always said the black one is the best ever otb Rolex rep, and trust me... I've seen them all. Absolute gem of a rep. It's a crime that it hasn't been more popular among the members.

I should receive my black one soon... to keep this one some company. :)

2b_s.jpg