When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which Gen to get?

Velasco

thank you for your kind replies... but now I'm even more confused... I've just seen a 16700 A-series which fits the budget...

This is a nightmare... :D

Listen to your heart...if you like it, go for it :wub:

If you are not sure, wait, there are plenty of watches out there :whistling:

If the watch fits your budget, go for it! There's no way to go wrong, except growing tired of it. The GMT is a great watch and I personally like the ones with the black bezels best. The nice thing about wearing a gen is that if someone questions you about it, you can tell em to go take a hike and not worry about it!. Or maybe try to softly reply, "No it's not a fake." I love to wear my reps, especially as beaters, but sometimes when you're going out, wearing a gen is the best thing.

Once again, I agree with you Alligoat.

When someone is questioning about your watch, wearing a gen makes you feel "confortable".

But, having said that, wearing a Rolex will allways raise questions about the authenticty :thumbdown:

But, having said that, wearing a Rolex will allways raise questions about the authenticty :thumbdown:

However....

I saw a gorgeous gen sub near the Brooklyn Bridge this past summer :D

...and I'm about to go the same route as well. I've decided to build and addition on the house, so while I was borrowing equity, I figured it only made sense to take enough out to get something nice for myself as well. This time I'm buying a stable mate for my gen triple six. I found a gorgeous matte dialed 16800 (early 7 mil) w/box & papers that will soon be mine :)

However....

I saw a gorgeous gen sub near the Brooklyn Bridge this past summer :D

...and I'm about to go the same route as well. I've decided to build and addition on the house, so while I was borrowing equity, I figured it only made sense to take enough out to get something nice for myself as well. This time I'm buying a stable mate for my gen triple six. I found a gorgeous matte dialed 16800 (early 7 mil) w/box & papers that will soon be mine :)

Hey that is trully great news Jojo.

I wish I was there to share that moment :)

A 16800 Matte is a chock and I'm not sure you will survive it... :lol:

That's a very nice watch and Watch-Navi is a respected seller in Hong Kong. IMO, a 7.2 serial dates to 1982, not 1980, but that's no big deal. I would think this watch will go for $4000+. Shipping to EU would be the only other issue- do you get to pay customs duty on it?

That's a very nice watch and Watch-Navi is a respected seller in Hong Kong. IMO, a 7.2 serial dates to 1982, not 1980, but that's no big deal. I would think this watch will go for $4000+. Shipping to EU would be the only other issue- do you get to pay customs duty on it?

Yup, a 1982 probably.

But very nice.

If it goes for 4K US$, get it for sure !!!

That's actually a very good point - customs in Spain act randomly. They're normally not so strict as in other EU countries, but sometimes they are.

BTW, there is a local seller here offering a '81 triple 6 for 3.9 k