When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

advice for a pam127

BlLL

I've been passively looking for one recently as well. There was a post about a month ago which basically stated that Angus' is the best one to source at present BUT that there really is not availability for a GREAT 127 in the market right now.

The one from Angus apparetly has a good dial, can be had with real saphire, but according to most here the engraving on the movement and movement quality in general is not good on the current offering. Also it apears as though while he offers superlume and a canon pin fix most have stated the lume is still not great and rather than installing a tall canon pin the watch instead had hands that were filed down.

Due to those details I've decided to continue to wait for a good one to come along either second hand from a member here or until the dealers get a better version.

That's an asian movement. Not that the Asian 6497 isn't good - it's an excellent movement, but they shouldn't be selling as swiss. I think we can safely assume that this isn't from one of our known dealers....

I find it quite difficult to find a dealer offering a genuine swiss movement. All of them claim it but none of them does :( . Can anyone suggest a good and reliable sellers offering the best quality pam 127 with a swiss movement?

i am also looing for a marina militare [censored] swisss movement 44mm, full sapphire.

cheers

I find it quite difficult to find a dealer offering a genuine swiss movement. All of them claim it but none of them does :( . Can anyone suggest a good and reliable sellers offering the best quality pam 127 with a swiss movement?

i am also looing for a marina militare [censored] swisss movement 44mm, full sapphire.

cheers

The thing is that even the "swiss" movements will often have asian parts as they are modded to copy what Panerai do to them. If you want a top-quality movement, however, start looking at those with swan-neck regulators and don't get too hung up about Swiss vs Asian - in the case of the 6497 its rarely clear-cut anyhow and they're BOTH darned good movements.

As has been said elsewhere, there really isn't a "best" Fiddy worth the name around at the moment. Time4Direct (aka PrestigeWatchCo), who is a dealer over on RWI and Repgeek has one of the better ones I've seen around at a little under