When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Would it fit?

TeeJay

No as long as it is a standard 6497 radiomir case. The 6497 is one of the flattest movement, while the 7750 is one of the tickest.

But there are PAM 287 (auto radiomir) reps around that mount a very thick Seagull movement. I bet that they can fit a 7750, and they cost no more than 80 USD. I used them on several recent homage projects of mine (here and here).

You may buy them from Shir on iOffer.

No as long as it is a standard 6497 radiomir case. The 6497 is one of the flattest movement, while the 7750 is one of the tickest.

But there are PAM 287 (auto radiomir) reps around that mount a very thick Seagull movement. I bet that they can fit a 7750, and they cost no more than 80 USD. I used them on several recent homage projects of mine (here and here).

You may buy them from Shir on iOffer.

Thanks for the suggestions, my friend :) I've gone through the catalogue, and Tony has some Auto Radiomirs for sale. This has the added bonus of having the cyclops for the date window. I was also tempted to try using a Ferrari case, but, the rehaut would obscure some of the dial markings, so it would not look correct, so I believe a Radiomir case is the best case for what I have in mind. The other issue I am facing with the movement, is that I want the '6' subdial to be running the seconds. The quartz movement in my 'One Eight Something' has the running seconds at six, but, is a quartz movement, and I'm concerned about if the hands would fit. I had thought about using the movement from a cheaper variant of the Daylight, but, on those, the '6' subdial is running a 24 hour sweep... That would be functional, but not the function I had planned :lol:

Of course, I won't be able to finance this project for some time, but I thought I might as well gather as much information as possible, rather than trying to find out everything when I do start the project. :)