When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Top 100 Site

MAHLER

Dear members,

I will estrange me from this forum for personal problems.

Greeting all of you... I wanted to set a small reflection on the initiative of this site :

http://www.replicawatchreport.com/news/lat...#jc_allComments

To my modest opinion activity as these would damage the forum because the clamor with the visibility brings the troubles.

I'm still young of the forum but what do you say? :g: ?

Edited by MAHLER

I remember Richard Tracy had a problem with the guy who runs this site posting updates on here. I haven't seen him post here since...!

I respect Richard Brown but I'm having trouble understanding why anyone would want to create something like this. First, there aren't *100* sites worth talking about when it comes to reps. Second, google reps and all the sites worth talking about pop up instantly. Third, why create a giant database of sites hosting illegal transactions -- what possible benefit could come out of it for the rep world?

I retract some of my previous defense for RB, his crusade to take reps into the mainstream seems increasingly bizarre. It's not like it's become more legal or anything.

I retract some of my previous defense for RB, his crusade to take reps into the mainstream seems increasingly bizarre. It's not like it's become more legal or anything.

It's all about making money... and this is a clever way to make some money from reps legally. Reps are becoming more and more "mainstream" all the time. Our members take their reps to ADs and show them how good they are (we hear stories about this every day), they post rep pictures to genuine watch forums, etc. Very stupid (imho) and definitely bad for our hobby...

But most of the Internet sites dealing with reps are scam. I believe it's difficult for average Joes to find truthful information about reps, and see the difference between good and useful info (like Richard's book) and total scam (like Idealwatches/Replicacenter, which is ironically linked at Richard's page).

But I agree with you, reps becoming "mainstream" isn't good for anyone...in the long run. But what can you do, it's moving towards that, more and more every day... until EU and USA can invest time and effort to make the customs thing more difficult for the dealers and us. I believe it's going to happen... it's only a matter of time... when the reps become disturbingly good (it has already happened) and volumes of rep traffic increase enough (I believe it's increasing all the time). Difficult to say bad things about someone like Richard, who's a knowledgeable veteran member and his book is full of good information... but it won't change the fact that his book is also public replica promotion for the masses, disguised as something else. It would be interesting to know what Rolex, Swatch and Richemont group think about it.

Edited by By-Tor

But most of the Internet sites dealing with reps are scam. I believe it's difficult for average Joes to find truthful information about reps, and see the difference between good and useful info (like Richard's book) and total scam (like Idealwatches/Replicacenter, which is ironically linked at Richard's page).

Not all is scam...

look here http://www.replicawatchreport.com/director...tes/forums.html

This information for me brings problems...

88290-28923.jpg

Being in disagreement doesn't mean to speak badly of a member...

Edited by MAHLER

It's all about making money... and this is a clever way to make some money from reps legally.

I'm not sure you got what I was saying. Publishing the Replica Report is a legit way to make money, and I already said that I don't care about that . . . in fact I defended him on that issue before when people accused him of selling out the rep community.

However, that's not what I'm talking about here. I'm concerned about the so-called Best 100 Reps site, especially when it includes hardcore scammers like replicacenter. You might as well create databases of marijuana dealers or fake ID vendors as far any law enforcement is concerned. It's delusional to think that because reps are popular somehow they have stopped being illegal. Richard looks like an ass with his increasing promotional attempts make himself the internet kingpin of the rep world when at the same time he claims in his book that he disapproves of reps and is just involved just to collect data for his book. Not that that was ever exactly true, but it's one thing to spin what you're doing, it's another to be a complete hypocrite. If you're saying I can't change my opinion of Richard on that basis, I beg to differ.