When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC 3717 Strap Question

adrenalin

Greetings all,

I am eagerly waiting the arival of my 3717. I have been surfing, looking for new straps. I have discerned that the OEM measurements for the 3717 is a 21mm/18mm. However, All the strap manufactues that I can find only stock even number straps... (22mm and 20mm)

So what do you do? Take a 20mm and have it slap? or do you shoe horn in a 22mm and have a ridge? I realize that there are lots of custom straps that are made to order. I have searched for a link, email or blog site for HK Tan but to no avail... anybody have an idea where I could look?

Sorry if this has been covered in the past. I have been using the 'search' button, but couldnt find any link.

Thanks,

-K

Yeah...this is a tricky one to search. IWC oem specs are in fact 21mm/18mm.

I have fit a 22mm DiModell Imperator strap on my 3717, but I had to shave down the the sides between the lug horns as the lugs are pretty sharp and were cutting into the leather a bit. >sigh<

I have since moved that strap to another watch.

The 22/18 size is not really standard except for IWC...so you have a couple choices:

• Buy OEM...but expensive
  • Buy a rep strap with the branded deployment (the strap is pretty mediocre, but the deployment is alright)
  • Buy a rep strap with the branded tang buckle (the buckle is good, but again, strap mediocre)
  • Buy a non-branded strap for use with either a rep branded buckle/deployment (be sure which as the straps are different for each) setup from one of the strap vendors listed in the links section
  • Buy a non-branded strap for use with the non-branded tang/deployment buckle of your choice

Bob straps are nice for the price. HKTan's are some of the best...TWB is also good (theBay webshop for the Watch Boys), Cajun, Aaron, V, etc...there are many like these guys who can source or make straps in the IWC OEM size specs.

Rikske,

Awesome link!, Thanks for that.

Toadtorrent,

You are a wealth of information! I do have some additional questions... How does one find a website for HK Tan? Would he have the branded deployant or buckle or do you source that elsewhere?

Thanks for the input!

-K

Rikske,

save yourself a long wait and bid again on my strap. http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=85374

I also have a spare deployment buckle we can brooker in seperate deal.

Rikske,

Awesome link!, Thanks for that.

Toadtorrent,

You are a wealth of information! I do have some additional questions... How does one find a website for HK Tan? Would he have the branded deployant or buckle or do you source that elsewhere?

Thanks for the input!

-K

Check out the RWG links section:

Strap Links

...look up HKTan...then you'll see the gallery of what he has done in the past. His are all custom straps...find the skin you like, the watch you need it for...and any other custom features you want (e.g. extra long because you have massive wrists...or extra short because you have skinny ones like me) and can usually take 3 months for an order. Hah...you thought 2 months to get a buggered rep repaired with a collector was bad. HAH HAH. Top quality though.

Send him a PM/email/message through his contact info above...and you should be good to go.

He won't likely have the buckles...those you have to order separately. Jay, Angus, Josh, blah blah blah should be able to get the buckles you need.

I'm hooked not only on Reps.. but on HK's straps ..

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=79917

I have most of the straps at 21mm from Aaron.. but ordered a few at 22mm.. and they will fit nicely on the 21mm lugs .. I jus put them between my teeth.. (not very high tech) and make them compress some.. the pics of my 3717 in the link above are of 22mm..

I do this so I can alternate the straps with my BP

this is Aaron's email.. for those interested... aarontanhk@hotmail.com

here's a pic of the lugs.. no problem.. it does not looked scrunched at all.. but will fit perfectly on my BP

3717hktanstrapsj1.jpg

I will be looking for a strap for my 3717 at some point, and as mine arrived from Chris at Eurotimez today, I suppose that I'll have to get an order in. I found this site that may be of some help. It actually has 21mm straps for IWC - I hope this might help out;

http://www.watchband.biz/pd792422077.htm?d...p;categoryId=34