When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling Skyland Avenger v2 (from Josh)

cheddah

Hi guys, i received my Skyland Avenger, first off i want to say its a beautiful watch. Now i know the top button is suppose to act as a start/stop for the second hand. But isnt the bottom button suppose to do something to? Regardless if the second hand is moving or stopped the bottom buttons doesnt seem to do anything. Is this how its suppose to be?

The top button starts at stops the second hand, not the chrono. The chrono second doesn't stop at all.

The subdial @ 9-o-clock is the running seconds...that's the one that continually runs...always (well, except when there's no juice left in the power reserve). The top button should start the big centre seconds hand which is your chrono hand...aka the stopwatch hand. Press the top again, and it should stop the centre seconds chrono hand...while the 9-o-clock keeps running...always. The bottom hand should bring the centre, 12-o-clock and 6-o-clock hands back to centre, resetting the chrono.

Yup i get what youre saying, but even when the chrono is stopped the bottom button doesnt do anything. I think i received a defected one. :( Ok so i asked Josh to send me a new one with a postage so i return the old one. I'm waiting for his email...

The subdial @ 9-o-clock is the running seconds...that's the one that continually runs...always (well, except when there's no juice left in the power reserve). The top button should start the big centre seconds hand which is your chrono hand...aka the stopwatch hand. Press the top again, and it should stop the centre seconds chrono hand...while the 9-o-clock keeps running...always. The bottom hand should bring the centre, 12-o-clock and 6-o-clock hands back to centre, resetting the chrono.

Yup i get what youre saying, but even when the chrono is stopped the bottom button doesnt do anything. I think i received a defected one. :( Ok so i asked Josh to send me a new one with a postage so i return the old one. I'm waiting for his email...

please not that the subdial at 6:00 is an hour marker and moves very slowly. for example, it takes two hours to reach the 2. make sure that you let the chronos run for at least an hour. if you were just running it for a minute or two and then tried to reset them, you may not notice it resetting as it really hasn't moved yet. kind of confising but just let the chronos run for an hour and then try again. if the 6:00 subdial doesn't move then, you have a defective watch. good luck!

I noticed the problem after wearing it for a full day.

please not that the subdial at 6:00 is an hour marker and moves very slowly. for example, it takes two hours to reach the 2. make sure that you let the chronos run for at least an hour. if you were just running it for a minute or two and then tried to reset them, you may not notice it resetting as it really hasn't moved yet. kind of confising but just let the chronos run for an hour and then try again. if the 6:00 subdial doesn't move then, you have a defective watch. good luck!

Let me get this straight...after you have run the chrono (aka stopwatch) for a few hours for example, you press the top botton again, and the chrono stops...but the secs @ 6 keeps running, correct?

You say, when the chrono is stopped after it has been running for awhile, after the hands are all over the place from the chrono running, pressing the bottom button DOES NOT bring the centre second hand, the hand at the 12-o-clock subdial, and the hand at the 6-o-clock subdial back to the top (aka 12-o-clock position)???

If that is the case, then you likely have a defective one.

Word of warning...you will not get a new one from Josh/Andrew until you ship the old one back to him. You will need to send it back by airmail (should cost $15-20...any more than that, and you might have too small a package and are getting charged a premium for an undersized package). Don't send it back by courier. Listen to the instructions of Josh/Andrew.

You will have to pay the shipping back...he will pay shipping after the watch is FIXED. You will likely NOT get a new watch...but a fixed one.

That's how it goes in the rep game. A return process generally takes about 2 months before you will get a watch back in your hand. Good luck.

I have sold a dozen v2 skylands and have had movement problems with 3 of them. I have sold 2 dozen V1 and did not have a problem with any of them.

My very good friend babola had a problem with 2 consecutive ones I sent him,, they are ticking time bombs imo.. yet... wearing mine frequently without an issue... ?? lol .. ?? it's Russian Roulette I guess.

Yes after running the chrono for a couple of hours if i push the top button it stops and the second hand @ 9 keep running.

After stopping the chrono, when i push the bottom button it doesnt do a thing.

Let me get this straight...after you have run the chrono (aka stopwatch) for a few hours for example, you press the top botton again, and the chrono stops...but the secs @ 6 keeps running, correct?

You say, when the chrono is stopped after it has been running for awhile, after the hands are all over the place from the chrono running, pressing the bottom button DOES NOT bring the centre second hand, the hand at the 12-o-clock subdial, and the hand at the 6-o-clock subdial back to the top (aka 12-o-clock position)???

If that is the case, then you likely have a defective one.

Word of warning...you will not get a new one from Josh/Andrew until you ship the old one back to him. You will need to send it back by airmail (should cost $15-20...any more than that, and you might have too small a package and are getting charged a premium for an undersized package). Don't send it back by courier. Listen to the instructions of Josh/Andrew.

You will have to pay the shipping back...he will pay shipping after the watch is FIXED. You will likely NOT get a new watch...but a fixed one.

That's how it goes in the rep game. A return process generally takes about 2 months before you will get a watch back in your hand. Good luck.

Yes after running the chrono for a couple of hours if i push the top button it stops and the second hand @ 9 keep running.

After stopping the chrono, when i push the bottom button it doesnt do a thing.

Then it's faulty.

It should reset the main minuite hand and the 12 and 6 sub dials.

Return it for return or replacement.

word of warning...you will not get a new one from Josh/Andrew until you ship the old one back to him. You will need to send it back by airmail (should cost $15-20...any more than that, and you might have too small a package and are getting charged a premium for an undersized package). Don't send it back by courier. Listen to the instructions of Josh/Andrew.

Anyone that decides to buy from josh must understand this. I bought from josh and this has been exactly my experience. My 6..75 is finally at the post office. expecting delivery monday. There are threads discussing many of the things josh has done for customers. (instant refunds and replaced watches before faulty ones have been posted) I allowed myself to believe I would recieve this treatment. I didnt. Now when I challenged Josh about this he gave a very convincing reason why he dosent do this. He has helped long term customers in this manner but, fellow newbies..... do not expect this service from josh. Josh has been ripped off by people returning watches with parts missing and deliberately damaged watches. (In his own words.)

I now understand why josh cant give that service. you have to understand this if you buy from josh. Josh has been good but the experience was not great. (not josh's fault)

Edited by bvc