When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pulled the trigger again.

trailboss

Finaly completed the the order for the BV from Mary yesterday. One Bvlgari CarbonGold should be winging its way to me by this arvo. This is a first order from Mary so we will see what happens. Its a quartz rep but so is the gen. A review of both the warch and the service will follow as soon as it arrives before it's sent off to it's new owner. I know this guy could afford the gen without lowering the level of cash in his car ashtray so 'im asuming he wants to see how it wears before geting a real one. Not so hard to throw away 120 odd bucks compared to between 1200 and three grand depending on the city of your choice.

Anyway, tracking number has been promised this arvo and knowing EMS the watch should be in my hands sometime 'round wed or thurs at the latest. The speed of their service amazes me. I can't get stuff that fast by parcel post from the other side of AU.

Mary has made a good start by promptly sending after payment so lets see what happens from here. With any luck we have found a good dealer right at the heart of the action in GZ. No dropshiping here at any rate . There had beter not be anyway as I have been assured that she (and her watch maker) handles every watch she sells. Could be a very popular choice of dealer if she keeps her prices as low as possible since cost is very important at the moment. She certainly found what I wanted in record time.

Not shure what to go for next, thinking a quartz Navi just to see how they wear on my wrist. I want a Swiss 7750 one eventualy but am not spending those bucks without finding out how it looks on me. Then maybe a GMT like john just got from TTK. I'mm shure I can do a little bit beter on price and a whole lot beter on delivery time! :rolleyes: Two mths! Bah! I don't care if it was free. In fact to wait that long it would want to be. I might see if she can source some of those in the cheapie thread as well. Some of those were real nice for 39 bucks. Sides with the exchange rate that's about what I'll be spending mostly for a while and I'd rather not go thru cqout.

/Me: sighs, taps fingers on desk. "I hate waiting, is it here yet?"

Col.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update: There was a email from Mary in my box this AM saying she had noticed that the watch was marked "ROME" instead of "ROMA" like the first example sh took pics of (CarbonGolds have one of 26 city names on the dial below the 3 subdial). Asking if this is OK or should she try for the Roma one.

Most dealers would not have even noticed let alone cared enough to ask. That's the kind of service I want from a dealer. Having chked a gen the Itialian spelling of ROMA is correct so I'v asked her to supply that if she can. If not, well it's a 60 buck rep, can't get too anal. Maybe another V2 less acurate than the V1? Somone prob thought they were correcting a spelling error :-)

Nice to know she chks her watches before sending them out. Lets hope it continues.

Now we wait and see what turns up.

Col.

Update: There was a email from Mary in my box this AM saying she had noticed that the watch was marked "ROME" instead of "ROMA" like the first example sh took pics of (CarbonGolds have one of 26 city names on the dial below the 3 subdial). Asking if this is OK or should she try for the Roma one.

Most dealers would not have even noticed let alone cared enough to ask. That's the kind of service I want from a dealer. Having chked a gen the Itialian spelling of ROMA is correct so I'v asked her to supply that if she can. If not, well it's a 60 buck rep, can't get too anal. Maybe another V2 less acurate than the V1? Somone prob thought they were correcting a spelling error :-)

Nice to know she chks her watches before sending them out. Lets hope it continues.

Now we wait and see what turns up.

Col.

Sorry bout this but who is Mary? Does she have a site (link please)...

Cheers

P

Mary is a small dealer based in GZ who is very new arround here. Still unproven but showing signs of perhaps being a good person to deal with.

She has a website but for the best prices it's best to work via Email. Send her a pic of what you want along with all the detail you have and she will find it for you. She is not on the dealer list here so I've sent you the details via PM so as not to upset the mods.

Col.

great news Col. - kudos to you for going out on the limb and finding us new dealers - very much appreciated.

That's the one MGI was pushing right? http://www.goec5.com/list1.asp?id=4513 ??

I recall her prices being below the regulars and so far it seems her service is TOP NOTCH - I mean, checking the watch, fast shipping AND cheap? how could you ask for more - I suppose a fancy site would put a cherry on the cake.

do keep us posted - I'm sharing your anticipation on this one

you paid with visa?

Nope paid with PP. Yes, she's the one MGI appears to be grafted to.

I stress, so far so good. This is the first buy and it will take three or four flawless transactions before I would recomend her to anyone without the caveat that she is untried and an unkowen quanity. As Klink would say, "Time will tell" but I am super impressed that either her or her watchsmith picked that tiny discrepency up. She is currently looking for an example of the earlyier, correct model for me. Most would just say "tough, this is it now".

As for website, personaly I'd rather just send a pic and ask "how much?" No need to ask "can you?" She's at the QZ markets, if it's made she can source it. They will build special orders as well such as that gen MVT navi you guys were discussing, swap bracelets, dials ect. I think I'm in love (she's not exactly hard on the eyes either)!

Col.

Mary is a small dealer based in GZ who is very new arround here. Still unproven but showing signs of perhaps being a good person to deal with.

She has a website but for the best prices it's best to work via Email. Send her a pic of what you want along with all the detail you have and she will find it for you. She is not on the dealer list here so I've sent you the details via PM so as not to upset the mods.

Col.

Your "ROME" already shipped.

And my TT Sub on it's way from Mary. Wrapped gold, Swiss ETA.

Yep,

2008-11-03 14:46:00 HONGQIAO Posting

2008-11-03 16:57:00 336 Despatch from Sorting Center

2008-11-04 00:15:45 SHANGHAI Arrival at Sorting Center

2008-11-04 00:30:21 SHANGHAI Despatch from Sorting Center

Soon, soon.

wanna see that TT. Blue or black?

Col.

wha? MGI returns!! WB - where have ya been?

At home. Was upset on one (censored, censored, censored) who called me a racist without any knowledge what this word mean.

And was too busy with orders, had to work 14-16 hours a day. Also was bored to read about goats and sheeps, I somehow prefer replicas talks. OK, sometimes it's OK to talk about replic-ass. Hello, Kazi, nice to see you.

Edited by Luthier

At home. Was upset on one (censored, censored, censored) who called me a racist without any knowledge what this word mean.

And was too busy with orders, had to work 14-16 hours a day. Also was bored to read about goats and sheeps, I somehow prefer replicas talks. OK, sometimes it's OK to talk about replic-ass. Hello, Kazi, nice to see you.

Hmm - I guess you didn't quite get what I was saying. I know English isn't your first language, so maybe you don't know quite how your comments on _that_ subject come across, but I'm not the only one to think so. I don't care what your preferences are, I do, however find your derogatory remarks in that area offensive in the extreme. And yes, I know what the word means. :rolleyes: That IS how you sometimes come across, sad to say.

Oh, by the way, you needn't censor yourself. Just expect a response in kind. ;)

Anyhow, lets drop it - good to see you back, MGI! :)

Edited by greg_r

Hmm - I guess you didn't quite get what I was saying. I know English isn't your first language, so maybe you don't know quite how your comments on _that_ subject come across, but I'm not the only one to think so. I don't care what your preferences are, I do, however find your derogatory remarks in that area offensive in the extreme. And yes, I know what the word means. :rolleyes: That IS how you sometimes come across, sad to say.

Oh, by the way, you needn't censor yourself. Just expect a response in kind. ;)

Anyhow, lets drop it - good to see you back, MGI! :)

My "derogatory" remarks were just my wicked joke, sorry you took it too seriously. Yes, English is not my native tongue( I have 3 of them), but for the last 19 years I speak exclusively English, and I know it much better than most americans. No, not English English, but american English.

And, by the way, racist is a person who don't like or worse- hate OTHERS than his own race. I'm white, so... do your math.

OKE, let's drop it. Nice to be back. Read a lot about your cheapies, and, honestly - all my cheapies works as well as my reps with swiss ETAS, A7750, and (God, forgive...) almost as well as my gens. So, VIVA CHEAPIES!!!

Peace.

P.S. No, I never appeared on repgeek, I even don't know what the hell it is.

Edited by Luthier

My "derogatory" remarks were just my wicked joke, sorry you took it too seriously. Yes, English is not my native tongue( I have 3 of them), but for the last 19 years I speak exclusively English, and I know it much better than most americans. No, not English English, but american English.

And, by the way, racist is a person who don't like or worse- hate OTHERS than his own race. I'm white, so... do your math.

OKE, let's drop it. Nice to be back. Read a lot about your cheapies, and, honestly - all my cheapies works as well as my reps with swiss ETAS, A7750, and (God, forgive...) almost as well as my gens. So, VIVA CHEAPIES!!!

Peace.

P.S. No, I never appeared on repgeek, I even don't know what the hell it is.

Actually, I never called you a racist. I merely said that your comments 'bordered on racism', which is not quite the same thing. Your definition is not strictly correct, however, let's not get bogged down by semantics - as you say, English is not your first language (excellent though your English is), so, as you say, let's just put it down to a misunderstanding and forget it. Yep. Peace - it's good to have you back :)

Interesting that you're not on repgeek - in that case, someone on there has purloined your Avatar, which is why I assumed it was you :)

www. repgeek.com btw - one of the other boards. It's not somewhere i particularly enjoy hanging out, but it's a useful resource nonetheless. Worth a look.