When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Louis Vuitton Tambour Chronograph

ComCool

I got this from Chunkiechinkie for my sister. The movement is very reliable. My sister bangs the crap out of her watches and she knocked the watch of her desk once. Fell on meter on to hard wood floors and the watch was fine. There was a ding, but it still runs great.

The display case back is also pretty impressive. No stickers, engraved from what I recall.

ETA 2894-2 has tricompax layout but they are hard to find

... and except for being mechanical movement it has nothing in common with this modified 7750 movement :)

So ifI should look for a swiss movement for it. What should I look for? :g:

You should look for ETA 7750 modified to this layout (chrono minutes moved at 3-o-clock), with date. Such movement is quite rare, I know The Zigmeister made one for HBB for one of the members here, but it is neither easy nor cheap modification. I have one like this in my 212, taken from swiss Daytona with sec-at-9, but it is without date, so useless for this watch. I doubt you will find it ready-made anywhere.

regards

you dont need a swiss movement in this watch. my wife had this for a while and it always ran perfectly. it is an asian 7750 modified with extra transfer gears to make it a 3-6-9 layout. im probably wrong but if i remember correctly, it is 11 gears?

with the amount you will spend purchasing a swiss movement and installing it, you could have purchased 2 of these watches ;)

you dont need a swiss movement in this watch. my wife had this for a while and it always ran perfectly. it is an asian 7750 modified with extra transfer gears to make it a 3-6-9 layout. im probably wrong but if i remember correctly, it is 11 gears?

with the amount you will spend purchasing a swiss movement and installing it, you could have purchased 2 of these watches ;)

It's actually 3 gears, 11 gears is for seconds-at-6 modification.

regards