When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Saw a canal street sub last night.

vizsladog

Was at a holloween party wearing my euromariner and my buddy says ""hey ill get my watch i paid $60.00 bucks for from china town in nyc and lets see how close they are .

he puts his next to mine and it was like comparing a shoping cart to an F1 car.

Date mag was waaaayyyyy off,almost no mag at all,the cyclops was so far to the right it was almost not on the watch,the whole watch looked bigger.

he was like "wow,you cant tell a difference can you??"

LOL......so glad i found this site and got educated from you fine folks.......

I'm hooked like a meth addict...........BK will be doing some mods for me. ;):D;)B)

Now i want it so close the the real thing you have to tak ethe back off the watch.

LMAO thats funny....people think a replica is a replica and they are all the same......

I was of a similar opinion when I first joined this site, my god how wrong was I!!

A friend of mine bought a Tag for

It also goes to show you how if you stick around this site, the WIS in you comes out and you fret over miniscule details that really don't make a difference in the grand scheme of things, because so few people in the general populace know watches.

There is a watch repair guy I go to for simple stuff who knows watches, but doesn't know reps. He loves my reps and likes to point out the "flaws" on my reps that only he-in-the-industry would know. The problem is...the flaws he points out are not the flaws on that particular rep (e.g. pointing out the missing "Swiss Made" on a dial that should NOT have that printing...but missing the fact that the white painted cannon pinion should be brass).

I smile.

When you read posts here...you can get caught up over details that nobody even AD staff would ever notice even under high magnification...but that's the beautfy of this forum, in that the people here are truly knowledgeable WIS's that can point out miniscule flaws that remind us that as good as the current generation of reps is...they all have flaws so don't try passing yours off as gen...unless you're prepared to be humbled when you do meet that 1 in 10,000 that does really know the difference.

Great story. Im right there with you VDOG...Im hooked and I dont even own a rep yet....or know what a rep looks like...etc. I cant wait to get my Euromariner now.

Edited by ifly65

Sorry to say this mate, but a replica is a replica! The other question is - is it a good one? :D

LOL.........shut up!

You know what I mean, not all replicas are the same "quality"........and to think I said I like your gold effort!

;)

Great story. Im right there with you VDOG...Im hooked and I dont even own a rep yet....or know what a rep looks like...etc. I cant wait to get my Euromariner now.

You and me both, he better not send you yours till he's sent me mine!

:D