When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Daytona

Olipro

So, I posted a couple of weeks ago with some pictures of my new two-tone Daytona.

Well... since then, I'd noticed the link closest to the head of the watch seemed to be loose (sides moved out so you could see the pins keeping it together) and now finally, the lot came off and looks like this:

imag0058hl9.th.jpgthpix.gif

morally speaking, surely you'd agree that considering the fact there's no abuse of any sort to the bracelet or watch that I'd be entitled to a free replacement, especially considering the timeframe - it's essentially defective goods.

however, where do I stand from a realistic point of view? since of course, I realise that it's not the dealer's fault, but nonetheless, I thought the point of buying from a dealer is to get some sort of guarantee.

oh the irony... and I was worried about the seconds@6

Edited by Olipro

If you got the watch from 1 of the collectors listed on RWG & it was purchased within the collector's warranty period (consult the collector's website for his warranty details), then I would think you should be entitled to a replacement bracelet or watch (as long as you were not prying on the link when it came apart - visible damage notwithstanding).

Of course, I assume you already tried to work things out with the collector before posting here, correct???

If you got the watch from 1 of the collectors listed on RWG & it was purchased within the collector's warranty period (consult the collector's website for his warranty details), then I would think you should be entitled to a replacement bracelet or watch (as long as you were not prying on the link when it came apart - visible damage notwithstanding).

Of course, I assume you already tried to work things out with the collector before posting here, correct???

I'm in the process of working it out, but I wanted some opinions anyway as there isn't actually anything on the dealer's website regarding warranty.

it is one of the trusted dealers however, so, here's hoping.

and no, I wasn't prying at the bracelet or anything of the sort. it's a bad assembly job from what I can see.

Hmm...in a perfect world you'd get a replacement bracelet but...this is not always the case...

Worst case scenario: Either try to pick up a second hand one here, try to have a local repair guy (NOT an AD) repair it for a nominal fee OR (my route) pick up a nice brown leather strap with white stitching and a silver buckle :) Brings out the watch quite well!

Sheesh. The stuff we get sent. If you don't have any luck PM me. I might be able to dig one up. Probably a better one than you have.

well, I have to say, it's 14k wrapped gold, and it's pretty bloody good; I separated it from the watch head and it has complete engravings etc, definitely quite a good bit of workmanship, save for the crappy job done on holding that one link in :\