When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Here we go again!

bvc

Allright, found a new watchsmith, he has said 7750 movements are cheaper to buy than to repair and sometimes even service. best to buy new movements and replace in his opinion. Sent my 6.75 back to josh for repair of subdials they were wonky. it has come back with a misaligned date wheel and the subdials are still a little off. improved but definately still off. I am not sending it back. so josh has sent me a new datewheel with a clear instuction that his responsibility toward the watch is now finished.) i am getting it fitted at my own expense. I have mentioned getting the subdials fixed at my own expense also and asked josh advice on how this could be done. i.e do i need a new movement to realign the dials or can they just be moved? i think he is getting p*ssed off with me now. This was his reply:

Hi Josh. Good news I have found another watchsmith. he can replace datewheels for me! Could you tell me what is required to re align the sub dials. I think new movement? do you know the "caliber" of the movement in the 6.75 you sent me. Watchsmith wants to know. how much for new a7750 to me?

Hi,

The movt is strictly not for sale.

All is needed is to line the datewheel.. there is no need to touch the movt parts.

joshua

????????????

Is josh telling me there is nothing wrong with my watch, or is it just a language thing? I would like to know what is needed to fix the subdial problem. I think josh believes i am just making trouble.

Now my watchsmith says needs to know the caliber of the movement. does anyone know what it is on the 6.75 josh supplies. I am pretty much done with hassling josh. I think he has had enough of me too.

Thanks guys. bvc

Think he's saying that he doesn't sell the movement separate.

The only issue with your watch is the alignment of the date wheel. Nothing wrong with the movement itself.

And the datewheel sits on top of the movement, so he's saying it doesn't need to be opened for the replacement.

(all how I read it.)

Think he's saying that he doesn't sell the movement separate.

The only issue with your watch is the alignment of the date wheel. Nothing wrong with the movement itself.

And the datewheel sits on top of the movement, so he's saying it doesn't need to be opened for the replacement.

(all how I read it.)

Thanks for your comments bibbs, but my question to josh was in part about fixing the subdials on the watch that he had already supposed to have fixed. at my own expense might i add! Bought a watch it was faulty, sent it back and it came back with different faults, emailed to ask advice about how to fix one of the faults at my own expense and i think i am being told there is no fault!

I have b*tched about josh before and been told to sort it with him rather than moan on the forum. (fair comment) I believe I have followed protocol respecting my issue with josh.

So - does anyone know what is involved in fixing my subdials? can they just be moved or do I need a new part? Not slating josh cause i am sure if i sent it back he would fix it, would rather get it done this end though.

Thanks guys.