When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Trusty`s Sea Dweller "lite"

Terje

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool guys, thanks for chiming in...

hollow middle links ...

got mine today - back to basic :D

amazing value for 99$ ! super fast shipping - and the watch is flawless !

(QC - wise)

i love it !

thank for the tip !

cid_5BDEB938-8E17-4FA3-9F9A-C417C64.jpg

cid_8FA407AC-7256-4D15-B094-6404251.jpg

cheers,

Frank

I've had mine now for about two months. However I find that each morning when I go to put it on, I have to wind it up, give it a shake etc... to get it going. Even then, it will stop a few times more before it really gets going. This has only started to happen within the last couple of weeks. I understand that it is only the basic asian movement but I would have hoped for some form of accuracy. Any suggestions?

Thanks

I've had mine now for about two months. However I find that each morning when I go to put it on, I have to wind it up, give it a shake etc... to get it going. Even then, it will stop a few times more before it really gets going. This has only started to happen within the last couple of weeks. I understand that it is only the basic asian movement but I would have hoped for some form of accuracy. Any suggestions?

That doesn't sound right. Some of these movements die early some die late. A watchmaker could probably look at it and fix it...but I'm going to present a couple different options.

1. If it's only 2 mos old...talk to your dealer about either a repair
  2. OR if you're doing another order, if he can ship a new movement and you do the repair
  3. Order a replacement movement locally if you can (much cheaper than China) and get a watch person to swap it or you swap it

The movements generally only cost $10-15 assuming it's a DG2813 so you can replace with the same or a DG4813 and a swap will cost about $30-50 depending...or you can get some tools and try it yourself for fun (expecting to do a little damage but having fun in the process and learning a bit).

You'll need to swap the datewheel.

The reason I propose this is the cost of the watch is low...so diagnosing and repairing the movement is generally not too cost effective. Shipping back to China costs $20 and you'll be out a watch for 2 months...so...you'll need to figure out what you can tolerate. Yes, repair would be the "fairest" to you...but inconvenient...and still some cost to return ship.

That doesn't sound right. Some of these movements die early some die late. A watchmaker could probably look at it and fix it...but I'm going to present a couple different options.

1. If it's only 2 mos old...talk to your dealer about either a repair
  2. OR if you're doing another order, if he can ship a new movement and you do the repair
  3. Order a replacement movement locally if you can (much cheaper than China) and get a watch person to swap it or you swap it

The movements generally only cost $10-15 assuming it's a DG2813 so you can replace with the same or a DG4813 and a swap will cost about $30-50 depending...or you can get some tools and try it yourself for fun (expecting to do a little damage but having fun in the process and learning a bit).

You'll need to swap the datewheel.

The reason I propose this is the cost of the watch is low...so diagnosing and repairing the movement is generally not too cost effective. Shipping back to China costs $20 and you'll be out a watch for 2 months...so...you'll need to figure out what you can tolerate. Yes, repair would be the "fairest" to you...but inconvenient...and still some cost to return ship.

Your right, given that the watch is of very low cost, sending it back doesn't make any sense. I think I will buy the movement and give it a go myself!

Where would you recommend the best place to pick up the movement and tools?

Your right, given that the watch is of very low cost, sending it back doesn't make any sense. I think I will buy the movement and give it a go myself!

Where would you recommend the best place to pick up the movement and tools?

It depends on the country you're in. In Canada, I would recommend Perrin. Perrin's prices for the most part beat the US prices...and with exchange...wow! I don't know if they ship outside of Canada though. In the US...some go to either International Watchman for some tools (some are a little too cheap though like the screwdrivers) or Ofrei...other popular sources are listed in the Links section under tools or something at the top menu. Good screwdrivers are good...but can be a bit expensive.