When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How accurate should a 2893-2 be?

azerbyjam

I have a genuine 2893-2 movement which is running fine (+4s per day), but have noticed that the GMT hand seems to lag behind slightly when the minute hand passes twelve o'clock. So when the hour passes, the GMT hand doesn't line up with the correct 24hr marker untill around 20 minutes past. This is the first GMT I've bought so I'm not sure if this is normal?

Is it out of alignment at all hours? It's probably a simple hand alignment issue, but keep in mind that most dials are not printed exactly, meaning that the hands will line up perfectly at some hours, and be off at others. I have yet to have a GMT model that the GMT hand and the minute and hour hands all lined up all around the dial, normally half or so line up perfectly, and the other half of the markers are off...it's just the way it is...

RG

The other thing thats interesting is if you align up all the hands at say 12 oclock and then turn them all by using the crown the GMT hand stays in sync with the other hands. Its only when you set the watch and then let it run that you start to see the GMT hand running fast. I sent this watch back to the dealer twice and it came back the same way I sent it both times. Then I complained and the dealer sent me an asian GMT IHS free of charge. I still have this swiss GMT that I would like to get fixed if it wont cost me an arm and a leg. Regards and thanks for the comments The Zigmeister.

The other thing thats interesting is if you align up all the hands at say 12 oclock and then turn them all by using the crown the GMT hand stays in sync with the other hands. Its only when you set the watch and then let it run that you start to see the GMT hand running fast. I sent this watch back to the dealer twice and it came back the same way I sent it both times. Then I complained and the dealer sent me an asian GMT IHS free of charge. I still have this swiss GMT that I would like to get fixed if it wont cost me an arm and a leg. Regards and thanks for the comments The Zigmeister.

Do the hands touch?