When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

WM9 and Euromariner ETA

Guest Dr.TuB

Here is a photo comparison of a gen and rep movement.

These watch was send to Rolex for a service..and thing gone all wrong....they realized that they were looking at a SUPERB 3135 copy...and so they destroyed the movement by bending it!!

Enjoy these litle pics as these are the only ones that i have personaly looked on the web!

First Gen then rep:

1210329285G.jpg

1210329241R1.jpg

Look what they have done to this "king" of rep movement!!

1210327347R2.jpg

1210327230R2.jpg

I'm a bit confused. Are you saying that Rolex would arrogate the right to destroy a property that was left it in charge, giving back the scraps (considering that they have been phographed)? This puzzles me...

@elprimerozen: does your 2678-2 clone look real like the 2836-2 clone does? Is it visually obvious that it's a clone or you really have to know what to look for?

I'm pretty confident that the 2678-2 used in wm9 v2 sub is gen ETA. If anybody knows how to tell between a gen and a clone 2678-2 like what Chris did, pls share it so we can keep wm9 honest. I myself have a watchsmith check every 2836-2 to make sure it's gen ETA. Once my watchsmith found a couple clones for me, I told my supplier don't do that again. He's been honest ever since.

Shundi said it right. Neither 2836-2 nor 2678-2 is correct. As long as it's gen ETA (hopefully more precious and even on the dw) it's as good or better than 2836-2. I'll post pic how the dw overlay works with this smaller movement.

-bk

Edited by bklm1234

BUT still is the problem with the datewheel that can not possible be at the same place as a eta 2839-2 movement when the movement is only 17 mm !!!???

@elprimerozen: does your 2678-2 clone look real like the 2836-2 clone does? Is it visually obvious that it's a clone or you really have to know what to look for?

I'm pretty confident that the 2678-2 used in wm9 v2 sub is gen ETA. If anybody knows how to tell between a gen and a clone 2678-2 like what Chris did, pls share it so we can keep wm9 honest. I myself have a watchsmith check every 2836-2 to make sure it's gen ETA. Once my watchsmith found a couple clones for me, I told my supplier don't do that again. He's been honest ever since.

Shundi said it right. Neither 2836-2 nor 2678-2 is correct. As long as it's gen ETA (hopefully more precious and even on the dw) it's as good or better than 2836-2. I'll post pic how the dw overlay works with this smaller movement.

-bk