When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

center crown @ 3 o'clock has come off the center tube on my B&M Riviera XXL

chronoluvvv

recently I have learned that trying to drive a car, pacify a child in the infant seat and use a thumb to wind a watch all @ the same time was not a good idea.

Even if you keep the car in its lane and the baby quiet, chances are you will hit a bump and find the crown detaching itself from the stem.

my local watch-smith suggested that if i find a replacement crown he can put it back together

am not sure if that's the only option or even how to exercise it ?

Please opine and help me out

Thanks !

Do you have the crown or is that lost?

The other issue is whether or not the crown came unscrewed, or snapped off from the stem.

You can try and source a crown from Peter (Watchstation) or Silix...but you may need a stem as well depending on how the new crown mounts onto the stem. You could even try ordering a gen from one of the supply houses (Ofrei, Borel, Cousins maybe??)

If it merely came unscrewed, you can take the new crown and take the stem out and screw it back in with either epoxy or Loctite.

If it snapped off, you'll need a new stem and a crown, as getting s stem stub out of the crown might be difficult without causing damage (possibly drilling it out, and re-tapping the crown threads).

Thanks TT, i still have the crown

the inner spring and the stem are on the movement itself

so i can still pull out the stem with my finger nails to set the time, push it back and screw the crown on top of it

but winding the movement or changing the date is not possible anymore.

can I re-attach the crown onto the stem with epoxy but without taking it apart ?