When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

RWG1: TV shows

JohnG

Greg recommended The Unit and I am half way through the first episode. So far I like it.

Waiting for new episodes of Battlestar Galactica, Lost, Law & Order, and Weeds. Getting a little tired of Weeds frankly.

Any suggestions? I am out of touch, so if there is a new equivalent of Seinfeld or X-files or whatnot that I am not aware of, please clue me in... Especially like sci fi and action... but has to be good. I stopped downloading Prison Break when it went to Panama, was getting REALLY silly, even more silly than before.

Greg recommended The Unit and I am half way through the first episode. So far I like it.

Waiting for new episodes of Battlestar Galactica, Lost, Law & Order, and Weeds. Getting a little tired of Weeds frankly.

Any suggestions? I am out of touch, so if there is a new equivalent of Seinfeld or X-files or whatnot that I am not aware of, please clue me in... Especially like sci fi and action... but has to be good. I stopped downloading Prison Break when it went to Panama, was getting REALLY silly, even more silly than before.

hmm... I assume you've come across Firefly? Didn't last long, but what there was is good.

Another (albeit old) short-lived series that I love is Profit. It's not like anything else I've seen - certainly not action, but it's exceptionally well written black comedy and quite gripping in an odd sort of way...

yep, saw some of firefly, but not crazy about it. I love BSG even though it is not really my kind of scifi - it is the space opera stuff I normally hate but it is so well done, script, effects, acting, etc... that I can't help but like it.

I will check out profit.

I liked Spooks but that is over.

Sometimes I download Hotel Babylon - yes, very gay, but reminds me of Love Boat a little bit. Silly and cheesy but with its own weird charm.

yep, saw some of firefly, but not crazy about it. I love BSG even though it is not really my kind of scifi - it is the space opera stuff I normally hate but it is so well done, script, effects, acting, etc... that I can't help but like it.

Fair enough - I like BSG for the same reasons...

I will check out profit.

If you admire good writing, it may well be right up your alley. I'll be interested to know what you think, anyhow =]

I liked Spooks but that is over.

Sometimes I download Hotel Babylon - yes, very gay, but reminds me of Love Boat a little bit. Silly and cheesy but with its own weird charm.

Hmm - I don't know either of those. Must check 'em out... I don't do episodic TV very well, though - if there's not some long-term story arc, I get bored with 'em pretty quickly (the Unit is a notable exception...).

Fair enough - I like BSG for the same reasons...

If you admire good writing, it may well be right up your alley. I'll be interested to know what you think, anyhow =]

Hmm - I don't know either of those. Must check 'em out... I don't do episodic TV very well, though - if there's not some long-term story arc, I get bored with 'em pretty quickly (the Unit is a notable exception...).

Spooks is a BBC show about MI-5 - was pretty cool. Ran four or five seasons. Hotel Babylon is another British show (don't know what channel produces it). It is pretty bad, but for some reason it entertains. It is a silly show about a five star hotel in London - the guests change every episode, the staff is the same. Has a sort of Love Boat thing going on, like I said.

Oscar Meyer, what is Wire about?

Btw, first season of Always Sunny is kind of hit or miss... you won't miss any story lines by skipping around, so you may try downloading an episode or two from season 2, 3 or 4.

Got it... thanks.

Dave has been pm'ing me that I should download "queer as folk".... what is that like?

We're not here to judge SA. If it feels good do it. Maybe PM Dave, he's been feeling a little dejected lately.

Charlie Sheen, John Cryer; Two and a Half Men The ONLY program I venture off satellite to catch. Actually the ONLY sitcom I make a point of watching period. I watch others but just 'surf them up' ad hoc.