When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Iwc Fa Jones, Time Keeps Stopping

I just received the new IWC FA Jones with the Asian decorated movement, and every so often it just stops. To get it going again I have to pull out the crown and push it back in then it starts going again.

Anyone have any idea what's wrong with it?

Thanks

How about....the movement! :black_eye: I started to hate Asian movements...I don't care if it is an Asian Valijoux or an Asian ETA wannabe...my decorated IWC runs on steroids...over 5 minutes/day. I'll try to have it regulated by a friendly watchsmith and let you know what gives!

Cheers :victory:

Alex

I just received the new IWC FA Jones with the Asian decorated movement, and every so often it just stops. To get it going again I have to pull out the crown and push it back in then it starts going again.

Thanks

Aaron, I as sure you are an isolated case.... A ton of these have been sold and I am sure very few defective watches. I am sure your dealer will take care of the problem immediately.

Good luck! :)

Thanks

Don`t want to sound like a smartass but did you wind it?

Thanks

FU**** asian unitas movements

over and over again same problems

my new pam 111 asian unitas have same problem... but my watchsmith have repair it :3a:

but so much money and so much time

WHY?

i will not bring every time my watches to watchsmith :Jumpy:

Aaron-

Does this watch have a screw down crown? What position are you pulling the crown out to? Is it the winding or time setting position?

It almost sounds as though the stem is too long... But this would be the case if the crown was a screw down. I've had a couple of watches that exhibited this problem- Runs fine when the crown is simply sitting out in the winding position, but once screwed down, it binds up. Unthread the crown from the tube and it start running again. A simple matter of shortening the stem very slightly fixed the problem; just thought I'd mention it since the symptoms seemed to be similar...

Here's another interesting question for the FA Jones owners. Does yours have hack function? I have no idea if it's suppose to have it.

Nope...don't know if it's supposed to have it in the original. I checked on the IWC page and couldn't find info on that... :whistling:

Alex

Aaron, I as sure you are an isolated case.... A ton of these have been sold and I am sure very few defective watches. I am sure your dealer will take care of the problem immediately.

Good luck! :)

Mike,

Do you think the decoration might have hampered reliability or accuracy? I'd imagine that by bunching all those nice looking gears, needles and pieces something must have suffered...I think the Swiss movement is more reliable at the expense of the visual effect...but I'm no expert.

Cheers

Alex

Edited by Alextor

@ ubi, nope, no screw down just winds in the closed position and pull out for time adjustment.

Though it's not supposed to have a hack function sometimes when I do pull the crown out the seconds stop running. Weird I know

Well a small update, it's been running pretty smooth for 3 - 4 hours now with constant wear and going in and out running errands. Hopefully the problem will solve itself or else I might have to take it apart and shorten the stem.

Thanks for all the help ubi :)

Hey Aaron,

If there is no screw down crown, the problem is most likely elsewhere. The problems I was running into seemed to be a result of the sprung pressure of the crown threading onto the tube with a stem that was a touch too long. Since yours is not screw down, there's no pressure.

For those looking for a hack function try this: While in the time setting position, try applying a bit of back pressure on the crown. In most hand wind movements (autos too without hack), this slight back pressure will cause the seconds hand to manually hack until you release the crown from your fingertips. Most of the Swiss 6497's I've owned have functioned in this manner, as well as my Omega SM300 and my MBW's fitted with 2846's.