When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How Do You Polish The AP ROO?

I have a rotary tool and all the things necessary to polish most watches. However, how the heck do you polish the Royal Oak Offshore? You know very well that over time you will scratch the watch somewhere, and it is very likely that the bezel will scratch. However, what can we do to remove the scratches on the bezel? There are hexagonal screws on the bezel that have polished tops, and the bezel around those screws have a brushed surface. You can rub the Scotch Brite pad on the bezel to restore the brushed finish, but you are rubbing them over the polished hexagonal screws. You can use the rotary tool and do each hexagonal screw, but even with a felt-tip point there will always be a chance that the point may miss and slip off and land on the brushed finish. This is very, very perplexing. Any ideas?

You need to take those parts that are polished off the bezel .. to do that you need to take the case back off etc.

you can use the cape cod on both polished and brushed surfaces.. but by "hand" polishing only.. the cape cod solution will not strip the brushed finish so yo9u can be more aggressive on the polished areas.. with a plain cloth and your finger.. just put a little of the cape cod polish on the surface you want to work..

Ofrei sells a "satin' brush finish polishing wheel that you can use on the bracelet.. or the fiberglass "pen" will get out minor scratches .. or an ink eraser

Do not use your polishing wheel unless you have a very steady hand or are willing to take apart your case.. never get petroleum products on AR (not the ROO) crystals.. it will strip the AR..

cape cod on a brushed finish will just turn the brushed area very shinny but will not delete the brushed look.. but remember,.. hand power not dremel or any other power tool..

the synthetic polishing cloths that come with some genuine watches gets out minor scratches nicely..

Scotch Brite.. are U SERIOUS :o .. ?? too rough..

errrhh....and BTW....there is no need to polish an Offshore!

The AP ROO is a scratch-magnet and every single real deal of this model I got in my hands was scratched extensively (bezel and the sides).....so the scratches belong to your watch....the more its scratched, the more you show your love to it.

Theo

errrhh....and BTW....there is no need to polish an Offshore!

The AP ROO is a scratch-magnet and every single real deal of this model I got in my hands was scratched extensively (bezel and the sides).....so the scratches belong to your watch....the more its scratched, the more you show your love to it.

Theo

Yes, correct, in my idea. The watch is more good if it is "lived"