When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How Do I Resize My New Bentley Gt?

launchnukes

If it is anything like the Navitimer, which I have a feeling it is, by the looks of the bracelet. This might be tedious, as my Navitimer was the worst band I've resized. Just takes some time.

There are screws, which are basically caps. After unscrewed there is a double prong that runs down the bracelet connecting the center two links. So for every two screws it's one link. When you pull from the top, you'll see, I also think the bottom link is a cap.

Sorry for the haze, but I only did it once and I'm not wearing the watch to refer to. If you spend a little time and figure out how to get one off, it will make sense. Getting it back together takes a little patience as the center links are hard to hold and have it line up with the double pronged top part.

Hope this will get you started.

just got the watch and i've been toying with it for a half an hour but i don't want to break anything. i tried searching but i couldn't come up with anything. how on earth do you take out a link?

thanks.

i'll take some pics later.

I have just received my BB from TTK and ran into the same problem as you. Once I had unscrewed the small screw at one end and tried to push the tube out (nearly breaking my nylon pin remover in the process) I figured that the tubes inside the links were fitted using an interference fit, albeit a damn tight one. So I unscrewed the end of the pin remover, turned the link on end, placed it into the tube end, lightly tapped it with a pin hammer and lo and behold the tube gradually eased out.

I would recommend that you remove the screws from both of the tubes as a certain amount of pressure is applied to the other one during this process and as the screws are not exactly made of high grade steel they could possibly snap.

Of course the other way is to take it to your local friendly watchsmith :D

These bracelets are a pain to size.. so true..

What I used was sturdy toothpicks to push the rods out,...

If you have problems with re-construction like some do..with the many

pieces that be there scattered...

Be sure to lay the pieces out like they came so to have a blueprint on

how they must be put together..

This has been the subject of a previous discussion... but I can't remember which forum it was on. Search, search, search.

As far as I can remember, you have to remove two screw caps (on each side) in order to remove one pin.

But I could be wrong...

Inspect the bracelet carefully. Form follows function.

On this bracelet all but two of the pins have screws only at one end (there are two connecting the bracelet to the clasp that look like they have two screwed ends, but they were so tight I couldn't make them both turn).

The other end of the tube is slightly enlarged and grooved to make a very tight interference fit into the link, which makes it very, very tight.

thanks guys. as i was screwing around with it, my co-worker came up to me and said "i use to have a breitling" and told me what to do. it's not too bad after you see how the bracelet is designed.

here's a quick pic i drew. it may make things easier.

89216-28686.jpg

Yes, however the piece with the two rods can be stubborn and for me required

a push with the toothpicks from the other end, once the screws were removed,

before I was able to release it.

Yes, however the piece with the two rods can be stubborn and for me required

a push with the toothpicks from the other end, once the screws were removed,

before I was able to release it.

Well that would explain why they were so damn tight .....

I guess the moral of the story is "if in doubt, ask" and if you don't get an answer then you're probably asking the wrong question ;)