When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

WM9 Crystal Replacement

vlydog

Greetings members:

For those who have struggled with this same decision, please speak out.

I suspect that in approx. one month I will have the new WM9 V2 sub in my possession. I can't leave well enough alone so I have already started looking for genuine parts. I already have a genuine insert but I thought a crystal swap was in order too.

Do you really get enough extra bang for your buck with the gen crystal? or....

does the Clarks crystal delivery enough punch for the price?

Thank you.

Greetings members:

For those who have struggled with this same decision, please speak out.

I suspect that in approx. one month I will have the new WM9 V2 sub in my possession. I can't leave well enough alone so I have already started looking for genuine parts. I already have a genuine insert but I thought a crystal swap was in order too.

Do you really get enough extra bang for your buck with the gen crystal? or....

does the Clarks crystal delivery enough punch for the price?

Thank you.

I think a gen Crystal is fine but not really necessary, the etched Crown is not cvisible with naked eye...

Go for Wholesale Outlet Crystal it has the same shape as gen

The most important aspect, IMO, is the edge bevel. I have now seen a gen and a generic 295 from Casker side by side and can't easily tell them apart. I don't know when the Casker crystal was originally purchased, as I got it cheap off Ebay second hand, but if they're still selling it then I wouldn't waste any money on a gen. But that's just me.

The most important aspect, IMO, is the edge bevel. I have now seen a gen and a generic 295 from Casker side by side and can't easily tell them apart. I don't know when the Casker crystal was originally purchased, as I got it cheap off Ebay second hand, but if they're still selling it then I wouldn't waste any money on a gen. But that's just me.

Thanks so much B. I found there web page. Will I still need the height 2/C2 gasket for the WM9?

Thanks so much B. I found there web page. Will I still need the height 2/C2 gasket for the WM9?

This is what I really love about this place: the helpfulness of members and the awesome info that we all can do with!!!

Would you source-of-best-parts experts please let me know the websites of others sources of seriously like-gen parts?? Thanks and much, much obliged!! :D:)

Wholesale Outlet Crystal 295C, is better than the rest, apart from gen of course, IMO...

Can't comment on their crystals as I buy the gens, but I bought a few inserts (black, rd, blue and green) from them about a year back and the pearls were the same obvious fakes (matt finish) as are most rep pearls... Have they improved since then?? Cheers.

I have looked carefully at aftermarket crystals and

ALL AFTERMARKETS ARE MISSING THE 2nd TOP BEVEL.

This includes, wholesale (BK stated it is missing the 2nd bevel), clark, ofrei (has 2nd top bevel but no main bevel), and casker (wrote them and they honestly replied that there is no top bevel).

If you want perfection go gen.