When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New '08 Super Avenger Blue Batons Dial

alanytical

First, a big thanks to Chieftang for making this project happen. He's one of the best, and we're lucky to have him as part of the team.

What can I say about the Super Avenger, it's the most impressive of the Aeromarine series and really grabs people's attention when you wear it. So, being that I have both the black and white arabic gen dials already, I thought I'd give a blue dial a try with the newer batons (or sticks) markers. I've been wanting to get my hands on this newly redesigned dial since it was announced.

To my eyes, the blue color is more like a blue-gray. I like it because it is uncommon and different from my other watches.

IMG_0200.gif

Sitting on a gen Pro II. Yeah, it'll look great with a nice pair of jeans.

IMG_0205.gif

Here you can see the guilloche texture on the sub-dials a la the Skyland, except reversed.

IMG_0188.gif

I'd also like to find a gen SA dial in the UK (though I'd preferably like the older arabic version myself). Will a watchsmith be able to fit the dial for me if I can find one?

How much are the dials and where did you get them from?

Maybe we need a group buy!

A watchsmith should be able to, but it's a hands off job. Try and get is lubed/serviced at the same time.

The two watchsmiths I went to on Sat were not helpful, so it looks like I'll be off to a place in Wokingham.

Maybe we need a group buy!

A watchsmith should be able to, but it's a hands off job. Try and get is lubed/serviced at the same time.

The two watchsmiths I went to on Sat were not helpful, so it looks like I'll be off to a place in Wokingham.

Heh, I come from right near Wokingham. Let me know the name of the place if they can do it and I'll get it done (when I find a dial) whenever I'm back up there :)

Right .. I've been told by a mate (who is an old member off here too).

Wellingtons

24, Market Place, Wokingham, Berkshire RG40 1AP

Tel: 0118 978 2162

I've had NO contact with them, and know nothing about them.

Just speaking to TomHighway about servicing too.