When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Custom issue

scherm

I was wondering the same thing. I have a package that has been held for two weeks now. Someone made a comment earlier that it is best to just not reply to customs at all.

I was wondering what the best response to give them was. Should you say you didn't order anything? Or tell them you ordered the item for $15 or so?

Anyone have experience here?

I have a couple of watches sitting in customs too,

12-11-2008 11:28 International Hub Awaiting Customs Charging

12-11-2008 11:28 International Hub

12-11-2008 11:27 International Hub AWAITING CUSTOMS CHARGING

11-11-2008 22:50 International Hub AWAITING CUSTOMS CHARGES

11-11-2008 22:07 International Hub AWAITING CUSTOMS CHARGING

11-11-2008 22:07 International Hub Transit item processing

11-11-2008 22:07 International Hub Arrived in destination country

07-11-2008 22:47 Delivery Agent - SHANGHAI - PTT Left origin country

07-11-2008 14:38 Delivery Agent - CHINA Collected from customer

18th now and no sign of customs letting them go.

I hate waiting, keep telling myself they will be on their way soon and not to check but just can't help myself.

In your situation Scherm I would be saying "what package?" Best to ask Andrew what he wants you to do though.

Good Luck!

i have purchased from both josh and andrew. None of these two dealers provided any sort of receipt in the package they sent.

from my own personal experience (in EU poland), if customs ask for receipt of the "toy" get andrew or josh to fax it from china as these "toy" was purchased from China.

if they are not able to fax it, try to argue with the customs and forward in a copy of the sales invoice yourself.

You really should not be worried about customs unless they contact you and tell you that you have tried to import a "FAKE" watch from China. Customs usually just want to tax you.

You really should not be worried about customs unless they contact you and tell you that you have tried to import a "FAKE" watch from China. Customs usually just want to tax you.

This is absolutlely not true ...

It really depends of where you are living !...

In certain countries they just destroy the watch, in the other ones you are similar as a dealer ! When you buy a fake, in France and Switzerland where it's a real crime to import and wear this kind of thing you are treated like a dealer...

I cannot understand how Andrew can use such bad idea as a Watch in Toy ...

for custom they know all the tricks especially in these two last countries... and as it's in europe the word has been passed to other countries...

Anyway I don't know what you should do for your custom problelm

If you send a false invoice maybe they only want to charge you, as they are aware of the prices ...but you are going to pay a lot of tax for a 5000$ watches !...

So maybe sent an invoice with a smaller price such as 1200$ (as it was a used watch)

Maybe they just want a prove that you ordered it so they can force you to pay a fines... etc...

So in that case, the best is to not anwser or tell them that you did not order such thing and that they can destroy the watch or send it back !

Anyway don't really know what to do ... as it's so different for each country

I'm just astonished by such sickness from Andrew sending a watch IN A TOY !! for god sake, I can tell you for sure that they know the tricks !!!

I can also tell you something more if they try to do the same in France and switzerland

Currently here is a good info ....ALL EMS/FEDEX PACKAGE COMIING FROM CHINA, THAILAND, ... containing sample stuff - low price - are ALL CHECKED !!

and especially from GUANGZHOU.

They should meditated on that and find a real solution <_<

I think that this dealer from China they leave in a dream... they should take some real infos of what is going on from here ... it's good to change host provider

but they don't notice that it's too calm ... there is always something hidden in calm situation ...

Meditate ... <_<

Edited by pv007

The package are now released from customs!!!:D First I sent them an "invoice" file, that they were unable to open. I then got an reply from them asking me to send it in some other way... Just copypasted this from the .doc I got from andrew saying I was unable to send the rest of the invoice.

商业发票/COMMERCIAL INVOICE

本文件须用英文打印填写/PLEASE PRINT IN ENGLISH

TOY GIFT of USD35 in value.

It did apperently work. But for the next time I will probebly ask him not to send "toys"...

my friend if you want my opinion you were clearly lucky this time and lucky also that you are not in france, switzerland... because this kind of thing does not work right there...

But next time ask for a registered mail delivery... no EMS - NO FEDEX trust me ;)

you can still ask for a toy as it will avoid in a certain way postal guys who want to make good christmas gift before christmas but won't compromise customs ... <_<

Or another good advice, stick with european dealers that will cut problem to 50%

it's not 100% safe but it's a lot more efficient than the China way

Edited by pv007