When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My First Rep - What model is this? What do the Chronos count?

cenerhimself

DSC01847.jpg

I just bought this from a member, my first ever Rep. Looking forward to getting it. I have a few questions that I thought would be best suited for this forum:

What model is this a rep of? It has a Black Dial, with 007 on the end of the second hand.

What are the three dials of the chronograph counting? I've been told the Chronos do not work, but I'd still like to know what they do. Here is what I've come up with:

12, 8, 4 on the 3 oclock position - 12 hour blocks? 12 months?

24, 6, 12, 18 at the 6 oclock position - Daily Hours? Total Days of month?

7, 5, 2 on the 9 oclock position - Days of the week? - What could be the purpose of this, does this combine with Total Days to equal a max of 31 days?

The only combination of the three I can come up with is months, days, and days? Does that make sense?

The original owner told me the Chronos don't work, but I was just curious as to what they were supposed to do. He has no idea, but doesn't think it involves days or months.

A chronograph is esentially a stop watch... but analog. The subdials count off seconds, minutes, and hours. Yours probably will just sit and do nothing. But you would be suprised how many watches are worn with "fake" chronos. People just seem to like the look of the subdials, but don't care if they work or not.

Mike

A chronograph is esentially a stop watch... but analog. The subdials count off seconds, minutes, and hours. Yours probably will just sit and do nothing. But you would be suprised how many watches are worn with "fake" chronos. People just seem to like the look of the subdials, but don't care if they work or not.

Mike

Sounds about right for my situation. I think Chronos are cool, but I'd rather have a "normal" second hand counting the seconds. I was just wondering what a 2,5,7 Chrono or the other Chronos on this watch represent.