When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PP Nautilus crown broke off

Samurai

I have a Patek Nautilus MBK that I got from TTK some time back.

The crown on the watch has come off...and as per the watchsmith...the crown has broken off the stem and a complete new stem is required.

What are the options I have.....where can I get a stem for the swiss eta movement with PP crown attached (is the crown a part of the stem or is just glued on to it?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Cheers

Just get a new stem and screw it back onto the crown will do the job. The only tricky thing here is to remove the broken stem from the movement. In the real PP Nautilus, they use a two piece stem for easy removal. Perhaps you can think in this way which can save a lot of trouble when servicing the movement in the future.

@bertieng....thanks a lot. Is this something any watchsmith can do easily and are the stems readily available?

It is simple. Can even do it youirself if you have the right tools. The ETA stem is easily available. No need to send everything across the Pacific for a stem changing. It won't cost you more than 10 bucks to fix it.

• 2 years later...