When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is this the closed factory?

DirtyVader

What model SMP is this? Closed factory? Other? It has correct HE valve posirion and crown guards but the pearl is horrible and other details (well I'm not too sure). I remember seeing that the closed factory was accurate in every detail.

This is two pictures from two different sources of the same watch model.

DSC07000.JPG

DSC_5358.jpg

Guest jagleaso
What model SMP is this? Closed factory? Other? It has correct HE valve posirion and crown guards but the pearl is horrible and other details (well I'm not too sure). I remember seeing that the closed factory was accurate in every detail.

Its not.

Jesus the dial looks crap!

Is it made of cardboard?

This is two pictures from two different sources of the same watch model.

the case looks good....where did you say it was again ;)

This model came out after the original "closed factory" Omegas. They are inferior by many standards. Just to name a few:

1. poor bezel and pearl

2. poor crown and tube

3. poor crystal

4. bracelet endlinks were 1 piece and the bracelet had screws rather than pins

Alot of parts need to be changed to have this up to par. Although do tell us who is offering these? as these are certainely not the closed factory ones and I hope they are not offering them as such.

Hont has these on display on his site. It's still worth something even if you just use it for its case. A great hybrid SMP can be had if you combine pieces with say Silix's Omega. That's if the case is 1:1.

I posted this here because I've never heard of anyone mentioning this version before, even though everyone's main concern with SMPs is the HE valve and crown guards being incorrect. This one has those two flaws corrected, yet never any mention.

Edited by DirtyVader

Hont has these on display on his site. It's still worth something even if you just use it for its case. A great hybrid SMP can be had if you combine pieces with say Silix's Omega. That's if the case is 1:1.

I posted this here because I've never heard of anyone mentioning this version before, even though everyone's main concern with SMPs is the HE valve and crown guards being incorrect. This one has those two flaws corrected, yet never any mention.

I think that Josh was selling this watch for awhile about a year ago but they are no longer available from him. I think Taki bot one and superlumed it...then sold it to another member. That is definitely a decent case for a SMP project.

-bosk

• 2 weeks later...

There have been so many different versions of the SMP that I have lost count. The biggest drawback with this case is the grossly oversized crown - it's far too thick / wide and a genuine crown would lost in the wider CGs.

I have 2 old versions at the moment, an early Bond with the inorrect HE position but a good dial, hands, back and bracelet. The other one is a black SMP with everything almost perfect. However, I have bought a gen black so I am considering swapping the Bond into the accurate rep case. However, the Bond bracelet won't fit the accurate 'closed factory' case because the Bond's lugs are shorter and the 'closed factory' version is correct. If I do carry out the swap then I will have to wear the recased Bond on a genuine leather strap or buy a gen bracelet (or at least gen end-links).

Maybe I would be better selling both and forgetting about it..............I have enough hassle and too many watches as it is.

There have been so many different versions of the SMP that I have lost count. The biggest drawback with this case is the grossly oversized crown - it's far too thick / wide and a genuine crown would lost in the wider CGs.

I have 2 old versions at the moment, an early Bond with the inorrect HE position but a good dial, hands, back and bracelet. The other one is a black SMP with everything almost perfect. However, I have bought a gen black so I am considering swapping the Bond into the accurate rep case. However, the Bond bracelet won't fit the accurate 'closed factory' case because the Bond's lugs are shorter and the 'closed factory' version is correct. If I do carry out the swap then I will have to wear the recased Bond on a genuine leather strap or buy a gen bracelet (or at least gen end-links).

Maybe I would be better selling both and forgetting about it..............I have enough hassle and too many watches as it is.

hmmm do you have pics of your closed factory? I'm assuming it's a 2254 right?

i owned a closed factory 007 edition seamaster and the watch in pic looks very much like closed factory..

but you need better pics and the pic of the MOVT, to tell for sure...and the dial isnt that crap

closed factory uses eta 2892 with omega engraved rotor look very much like gen.

and the biggest flaw was the too bright color bezel