When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Question a bout relume

goin6633

Hi all ,

Does anyone ever relume by ownself ?

I would like to try that , but have not much info about that .

I search for the info on internet , and got this web site ,

http://www.noctilumina.com/index.php

Is that good ? I can't find any way to contact them , does anyone know how to contact them ?

Or better suggestion ?

I ever read a old post from other forum that mix C1 70% to C3 30% will get the perfect color and the lume act .

Is that true ? But I can't see any type like C1 or C3 , is that because of different brand products ?

I need these info , thanks for the info from you first .

Goin

C1 and C3 are from RC Tritec

http://www.rctritec.com/index.php?id=13

They are the only distributors of SuperLuminova, and it is supposed to be the best stuff on the market. If you are looking to get a lume that is the same as a genuine watch, this is where you get it.

I have not used noctilumina, but I have used A*F Luminova and Nitro Lume. Both seem O.K. I'm going to have to order some C1 and C3 to try them out as well.

Reluming is not for the faint of heart. Try it on something that WILL be destroyed.

C1 and C3 are from RC Tritec

http://www.rctritec.com/index.php?id=13

They are the only distributors of SuperLuminova, and it is supposed to be the best stuff on the market. If you are looking to get a lume that is the same as a genuine watch, this is where you get it.

I have not used noctilumina, but I have used A*F Luminova and Nitro Lume. Both seem O.K. I'm going to have to order some C1 and C3 to try them out as well.

Reluming is not for the faint of heart. Try it on something that WILL be destroyed.

I've been thinking about giving lume a shot as well. Seems like sandwhich dial watches are the way to go for a first timer however, Have you ever done a 113 dial where the only lume on the dial is dots at the hour markers? I'm wondering if the dots are more or less complex as I've got an inexpensive 113 project sitting here that I was thinking about giving it a go on.

In all honesty, unless you really want to spend a fair bit of time (and money on lume pigment) practising just for the fun of it, it just ain't worth it for a couple of dials.

Lume is funny stuff and you need to work with it for a fair while to discover just the right consistency for the job in hand and then how to keep it at that consistency 'till you finish. Then, when you do get it in the places and the shape that you intended, it also need to give an even glow and that takes even more practice.

If anyone really wants to have a play, I could supply some non-branded Strontium Aluminate pigment (the stuff used in Noctilumina and Luminova) in small 'trial' quantities that I source in bulk directly from the maker in Norway at about a tenth of the price of the branded products.

It won't work like SuperLuminova but it's good for less critical work and for practice.

Then you just need an old dial to keep practising on and wiping back clean until you get a feel for it. ;)

Dear all ,

Thanks for the reply , and all the infos are useful !

I need the pigment not only for my to practice , but also ask my dealer help me to relume my Reps .

So , thanks anyway !!!

And Rocketeer , I'm really intresting in your suply , I own some old dials prepare to pratice , but I don't really know which tools do I need . Beside the pigment , I still need the binder and the thinner right ?