When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Can anyone help with removing text on a dial?

iheartwatches

I am assuming that this is a rep Panerai dial. These vary in quality and I have had some where the text was easily removed, even by mistake. Try moistening a 'Q' tip with water and rubbing gently or alternatively try lifting the text off with adhesive tape. I have a couple of 'spoiled' dials where either of these methods will work. However you may not be so lucky.

I have yet do the same : only use duck tape, you put it on letter and remove it very quickly and fast; it will remove only the white letters; you will need to do it maybe some time before the letters will go attached on the duck tape; i do it on a 44mm luminor that i would like turn in a sterile dial;

Hope this help ^_^

Duct tape worked for you? I have a dial on the way and I would like to remove the "L SWISS L" From it

The operative phrase is "it depends." Like PAMman I have done a few experiments. On some dials the printing came off w/ a gentle wipe w/ a lint free cloth. On others, the printing won't come off at all without the black also being stripped. The duct tape idea sounds good because it seems like a "first do no harm" method.

Duct tape worked for you? I have a dial on the way and I would like to remove the "L SWISS L" From it

If your dial with the L SWISS L happens to be one of Jimmy Fu's (which only had the L SWISS L and no other text) then none of these methods is likely to work. Nothing short of an angle grinder will get the text off his dials.