When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Where Can I Get A Very Accurate Black 007 QOS Rep?

007omega

I am likely going to be picking up a used authentic seamaster pro this month but am just so darn attracted to the new black bond seamster: 212.30.41.20.01.001

SE05_high.jpg

Unfortunately, it's totally out of my price range so i figured it would be nice to have an authentic seamaster pro and a rep of the new black one. Can anyone point me in the direction of a solid rep of this beautiful watch. Also, is this black on the same size as a full size seamaster or of the planet ocean (i thought the po's were significantly larger?)

I'm not sure if there is a rep of it, but, you could probably piece something together by getting one of the black fantasy versions of the 2531.80 as a base, and transplanting in one of the 007 second hands from one of the commemorative editions... It'll make it an expensive second hand (compared to the watch) but it could give you the look you want :good:

I'm not sure if there is a rep of it, but, you could probably piece something together by getting one of the black fantasy versions of the 2531.80 as a base, and transplanting in one of the 007 second hands from one of the commemorative editions... It'll make it an expensive second hand (compared to the watch) but it could give you the look you want :good:

What do you think of this... I am not good enough to spot the issues: http://www.lifetimereplicas.com/product.ph...7&Product=9

What do you think of this... I am not good enough to spot the issues: http://www.lifetimereplicas.com/product.ph...7&Product=9

It looks okay, but is obviously the Planet Ocean rather than the SMP ;) I really don't think there is a rep of the watch you're thinking of at the moment, but, that's not to say that the factories won't produce one in the future... Personally, I see you having two options... Either wait for the factories to build a rep (which might not even happen...) or, as before, buy several watches and cobble the parts together into one watch B)

Or, this one:http://www.lifetimereplicas.com/product.ph...7&Product=1, fitted with the second hand from the other :good:

Problem there is that, even if i replaced the second hand, it has a 007 logo where it doesn't belong, doesn't ahve seamaster in red, and, instead, has the omega logo... ARGHHHH

PS: I have never taken apart watches so wouldn't really be in a good spot to do so (at least i imagine it's pretty hard).

Problem there is that, even if i replaced the second hand, it has a 007 logo where it doesn't belong, doesn't ahve seamaster in red, and, instead, has the omega logo... ARGHHHH

PS: I have never taken apart watches so wouldn't really be in a good spot to do so (at least i imagine it's pretty hard).

I admit, that wasn't the best example, but I'm sure there'll be one out there... Thinking about it, what you need as the base watch, is a fantasy 2220.80, but with black rather than blue, so I'd suggest looking for that as your base. To be honest, the hand swap, while slightly fiddly,is not actually difficult to do. Taking the movement out of the case is incredibly simple. All you need to do is remove the caseback, pull the crown right out to the 'time set' position, then use a cocktail stick or small screwdriver to depress the crown release stud which is just to the side of where the crown enters the movement, then it is just a case of dropping out the movement and dial and swapping the second hand over. It probably takes longer to describe the procedure than it does to actually perform it :lol:

I admit, that wasn't the best example, but I'm sure there'll be one out there... Thinking about it, what you need as the base watch, is a fantasy 2220.80, but with black rather than blue, so I'd suggest looking for that as your base. To be honest, the hand swap, while slightly fiddly,is not actually difficult to do. Taking the movement out of the case is incredibly simple. All you need to do is remove the caseback, pull the crown right out to the 'time set' position, then use a cocktail stick or small screwdriver to depress the crown release stud which is just to the side of where the crown enters the movement, then it is just a case of dropping out the movement and dial and swapping the second hand over. It probably takes longer to describe the procedure than it does to actually perform it :lol:

Interesting, is there anywhere I could get a solid base with which to start? Something that is more or less identical with the exception of the seconds hand. I can certainly go through the hassle of the second hand if i can find something otherwise close enough :)

Interesting, is there anywhere I could get a solid base with which to start? Something that is more or less identical with the exception of the seconds hand. I can certainly go through the hassle of the second hand if i can find something otherwise close enough :)

I don't know of any specifically, but there are likely to be some out there. There was even something similar on the site which you linked to. What you're looking for, is essentially a fantasy model as you're looking for one with a black dial and bezel insert rather than blue ones. I'm sure you'll be able to find one, I just wouldn't like to say where :lol:

http://www.ioffer.com/i/James-Bond-007-Ltd...29-99--85177196

Here is some cheapo version, I don't know if I would even trust the dealer...

But you could get one of these and a good blue gen from one of our dealers and swap face and bezel insert for a high quality rep.

That looks really good... i assume it's the planet ocean size though (and not seamaster size)... thoughts?

That looks really good... i assume it's the planet ocean size though (and not seamaster size)... thoughts?

If it's the Seamaster case, it'll be Seamaster size ;) While there is a 'smaller' Planet Ocean, there isn't a 'larger' Seamaster ;)

If it's the Seamaster case, it'll be Seamaster size ;) While there is a 'smaller' Planet Ocean, there isn't a 'larger' Seamaster ;)

Exactly.

I would even look into the 007 SMP from precious time as your base, acquiring the aforementioned cheapo just for dial and bezel insert. This would probably be extremely close to gen, assuming everything fits (which is a big assumption).

• 1 month later...