When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

First reps came today

numptyj

Hi guys I have been floating around here now for a few weeks and finally last Thursday put an order for an Omega Planet Ocean Black with chrono and Omega Seamaster 007 Limited Edition from Andrew at Trusty Time.

I've got to say service was excellent at lunchtime today (GMT) I received my reps 6 days after ordering and I'm pleased with how they look. I know they wont be perfect and there are probably quite a few flaws in comparison with how the gens look, but I think they look cool which I guess is good as I'm the one wearing them! I only ordered cheap reps as they are my first and I want to give them a good battering before I think about getting anything more expensive but I thought I would show some pictures for you guys.

The SMP is running on an Asian Auto 21J

and the PO chrono is a quartz

omegacollage1wa3.jpg

w1400.png

omegacollage2ry8.jpg

w1400.png

besides getting asian reps first will make you finetune your steel finish feelling at contact, and would/ will train you in the movement feeling while winding and setting time.

My first rep was also a quartz seamaster SMP, blue with tiatanium look (pure Ni plated brass), seconds at 6, weighting a ton but ran like a charm, back in 2001. It was followed by a swiss SMP black bond, which came from River the next year... it still runs, but the tube and crown are worn so no screwing now... which was one of the flaws of the model. Good memories. I think I'll use the movement or will fix it in some more time. Who knows.

good choices, wear them in grat health.

cheers!

Chino.