When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Correct lume for PO....C3?

plant

I have a gen PO and to my eye I would think a 90/10 C3 to C1 mix would be about perfect, but without perfect lighting and a VERY stringent side by side comparison plain C3 will be fine. Of course if one were to so such a comparison, all but the most frankenized rep will give one of its other secrets away long before anyone noticed a slight difference in the lume color. And of course most all lighting will produce some charge of the lume so all bets are off on color then anyway.

Another very important factor is the amount of lume and there is always a trade off there when modding reps. Many people feel it is more important to use less material in the interest of keeping the indices flatter like they tend to be on most brands of genuine watches. Relumes are of course done on top of the factory lume. The Zigmeister tends to build up the new lume pretty good in the interest of getting good color coverage and brightness out of the new lume. The tradeoff of course is that the indices no longer look quite right and the lume is kind of globbed up on the index standing a bit too tall. The alternative is to use hardly any material trying to keep it flatter, but then it won't glow as bright and the resting color might not be right letting the old color show through if it is too thin. Just a matter of taste really. On some watches - like the SFSO for instance - it is nearly impossible not to have lume rounded over on the index as the original lume was so globby to begin with there is no way around it. So it may glow like a torch but the indexes rarely look right. Hope that helps...