When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Chanel J12 Q's

Jaymoi

Hey All,

So i have had now about 4 Chanel J12s.

All for the missus, or for friend's missuses, and it seems all of them like to go [censored] up within the first couple of months. <_<

Maybe it is just me, and i am doomed with the now infamous (in my books at any rate) Chanel J12.

So this time i want to splash the cash somewhat, and i want to get my GF the BEST Chanel J12 that money can buy (apart from the $600 one). :p

My GF has eyes like a hawk, and will def take the trouble to do some comparison spotting against the Gen version. So what i am looking for is something that is absolutely identical to the Gen... is there such a thing when it comes to the J12?

I saw this one: http://www.tt88time.com/index.php?main_pag...0ff7f88c0fa26cf but i am not sure how close it is to the original, and Andrew is being stubborn and not giving me any detailed break-downs on any differences, if there are any that is.

Any thoughts, help, points in the right direction, would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers! :)

Moi

The main issues for tells are the bezel numbers and the date window at a glance, but the hands and second hand spear tip are others. The Swiss version has a bezel most like the gen and the datewindow is closer to the middle of the dial like the gen. The Japanese movement version has a datewindow which is too far out towards the edge of the case and the bezel fonts and positioning are way off. However, the Japanese version has more slender hands like the gen and the spear tip of the second hand is more like the gen. So in typical rep factory fashion, the only way to get what you want is to buy two watches and swap parts between them to get the most accurate version. The Swiss movement version that Josh sells is $458 with box set. The Japanese version is less at $208. Hope this helps...

Gen:

H0968.jpg

Swiss Rep:

1-1.jpg

Jap Rep:

6.jpg

and here is another curve ball for you. The Jap Quartz version with the diamond markers and bezel looks like it moves the date window closer to the center than the non diamond jap quartz version, yet not as close as the swiss quartz version.

http://www.jpc8118.com/cha01002-white-cera...07.html?image=0

It almost seems like this would be the best compromise.

I think we can pick out the flaws quickly because thats all we do however having one of the wife's friends spot the date window is highly unlikely. The only question left with the "diamond" bezel is how does it look from say 2-3' away??

Then again there is always the possibility of asking the dealer to sell you a spare bezel from the swiss quartz version. If you were able to do that I think the only real flaw would be the date window being about 1mm too far to the outside of the case, being a white dial with white date wheel I think you would have to get pretty close on it to even see it.

I think you should tell her you're going to give her the best rep available, she's your gf!!

when she realises that you're getting her the best bang for the buck, you'll be able to give her a pair of shoes and bag to match and she should be happy.

and if she doesn't care about getting a quartz one, then save the grief on the movement and get her a never dying quartz watch. Save yourself from bad moments.

good luck!

I think you should tell her you're going to give her the best rep available, she's your gf!!

when she realises that you're getting her the best bang for the buck, you'll be able to give her a pair of shoes and bag to match and she should be happy.

and if she doesn't care about getting a quartz one, then save the grief on the movement and get her a never dying quartz watch. Save yourself from bad moments.

good luck!

First post here, and new to the rep scene. Wife and I been buying gen. watches for years because we had the cash and didn't even know there were really good reps out there. Being new I went nuts and actually sent western union money to this sinowatches guy, bought a ceramic white chanel j12. Got shipping confirmation this morning so I will know in a few days how it looks.

I got this one

***URL Link edited by mod***

I see in the posts here that people are buying from sellers on this board? where are their store links?

Guess I should read the welcome page or something.

Good luck with the chanel-and wish me luck.

Thanks

Craig

Edited by Chino
edited link by moderator: Chino.

Well let's see what do you get! I had to edit your link to the site as we don't know if these guys are legit or waiting to scam people... Browse the board and you'll find lots of interesting rep stuff around. We have external dealers which are proved to be some of the most reliable around, check our collectors HERE!

and post pics of the wach you get for your wifey!

cheers and welcome!

Chino.

Yeah sure. I think it is bad enough us guys go through all the detail stuff, but you have to figure for the ladies reps maybe they won't be that picky? I would probably want to know if the cases and more importtantly the ceramic was all the same. Good quality ceraminc material is really the key to this piece. My sister in law has the gen and it is really nice quality to the touch. You would defintely want to ask the dealer that at least. And as for movements, I honestly don't know if there really is a noticeable difference between the Swiss and Jap movements that is worth paying for.

To my eye, the Jap version does look cheaper though all around. The dial, case and bracelet - at least in these realtively macro pics - look to be of higher fit/finish spec in the Swiss version, flaws aside...

and here is another curve ball for you. The Jap Quartz version with the diamond markers and bezel looks like it moves the date window closer to the center than the non diamond jap quartz version, yet not as close as the swiss quartz version.

http://www.jpc8118.com/cha01002-white-cera...07.html?image=0

It almost seems like this would be the best compromise.

I think we can pick out the flaws quickly because thats all we do however having one of the wife's friends spot the date window is highly unlikely. The only question left with the "diamond" bezel is how does it look from say 2-3' away??

Then again there is always the possibility of asking the dealer to sell you a spare bezel from the swiss quartz version. If you were able to do that I think the only real flaw would be the date window being about 1mm too far to the outside of the case, being a white dial with white date wheel I think you would have to get pretty close on it to even see it.

Well let's see what do you get! I had to edit your link to the site as we don't know if these guys are legit or waiting to scam people... Browse the board and you'll find lots of interesting rep stuff around. We have external dealers which are proved to be some of the most reliable around, check our collectors HERE!

and post pics of the wach you get for your wifey!

cheers and welcome!

Chino.

Sorry about that Chino, live and learn.

I will post pics when I get it, tracking says thursday. I ordered that j12 and a Tag rep from that site...had lots of nice email dialogue with the guy too, so we shall see.

Off to check the link you posted, to check on the sites great list of sellers.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Got my chanel j12 for my wife, she loves it!

and got a tag for myself.

The chanel rep quality is not ideal, but I did order the most inexpensive j12 he had, lower quality ceramic I guess?? my wife did not care, she loves it and loves I did not spend gen retail!

My tag I received had an issue after a few days, but mickey from sinowatches resolved it.

I am happy.