When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Review: Omega Speedmaster Schumacher Legend

southcoast68

REVIEW OF THE OMEGA SPEEDMASTER SCHUMACHER LEGEND

DECEMBER 2008

BY: SOUTHCOAST68

FrontPage.jpg

I decided to do this review on a couple of points; 1. A review had not been done yet and 2. I really think that this rep needs to be recognised as it is really good. Often, a rep would go largely unnoticed if it were not for someone telling of their experiences with it. Also, it gives me a chance to give back to the community a bit.

THE HISTORY

Omega has put out many commemorative editions of the Speedmaster over the years and this one was part of the "Michael Schumacher Legend" series. Originally released as Ref. ST 178.0031, and made in a limited edition of 6000 pieces to commemorate Michael

Thanks for doing the write up. This rep has been out for some while now but it sure is a well constructed and beautifull rep. I owned the Speedmaster Date Panda which had a lot of resemblance with this one (I think this one is bigger) and I still miss that watch .. thanks again!

Nice writeup

I have the Black Face Broad Arrow rep of this watch

I noticed that the Gen has a curve in the bracelet (links curve down on each side) but my broad arrow and your shumacher do not.

But, i've seen reps of these watches with the same incorrect subdial spacing with correct curved bracelets on these forums. If you look at Trustytime's website, his broad arrow shows model #s engraved on the inside of the curved bracelet near the clasp and end links, but ours do not. I believe there are two versions of the bracelet and we both got stuck with the wrong ones.

Way to go!! A great write-up. I've come close to buying the gen version of this one on more than one occasion. It is a beautiful piece.

It's funny that subdial spacing...I've been spending so much time in the rep world, and have seen more gen MID-sized Speedies that have the apparent wider subdial spacing like the rep (unlike it's tighter full-sized big brother), that I actually like the wider spacing more now!! Go figger!!

A great piece. I've seen different gen casebacks for the The Legend series...so I'm not sure which one is what for accuracy.

Gret Work SC !!

Thank you for the time spent !!

So would you say that this is Omega's "Version" of the vintage Rolex Daytona ? .. markings and colour and sub dials ... texture looks just like it..

thanks again !! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Yes, I would say so, it does have a certain Paul Newman-like look to it. Its maybe one of the reasons I like it so much, its seems to have a retro 1960s' quality about it, which is kind of cool since it was produced in the early 2000s'.

Also, my appreciation goes out to folks like By-Tor, Lanikai, Pugwash, Stephane, et. al. for their reviews. They are the inspiration for this and for those who have never done a review, you will never appreciate the time and effort it takes until you do. I got this watch last year (Nov. 2007), and it took life this long to let me have the time to take the pictures and put the words together. Still, the effort is worth being able to share a great watch with the community.

Happy Holidays RWG :rudolph: