When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Dual sim card phones

KB

Gives the ability to have 2 different sim cards in the phone at the same time, hence having 2 different numbers using the same phone rather than having to carry 2 phones for those of us that have 2 numbers - I got a samsung duo a few months ago because I was buying a new business that had existing customers calling the old number, but have my own number too. So rather than carrying 2 phones, got the one that takes 2 sims, and by now hopefully all the old people are using my new number... plus it gives the ability to use 2 different networks. There are issues, such as if you are on a call on one line it will go to voicemail on the other, and with my phone at least if you want to change the primary sim you need to reboot the phone, but they are a good idea in the right situation. Of course, I could have always used call diversion instead...

I have never seen one with two sim cards. Do you have photos of one with two?

The one I picked up (Got mine a bit cheaper from a different seller though) http://cgi.ebay.com.au/New-Samsung-D880-DU...A1%7C240%3A1318

As a general rule you need to find them overseas - China etc due to them being able to use 2 networks simultaneously, most carriers don't want to stock that type of phone.

The one I picked up (Got mine a bit cheaper from a different seller though) http://cgi.ebay.com.au/New-Samsung-D880-DU...A1%7C240%3A1318

As a general rule you need to find them overseas - China etc due to them being able to use 2 networks simultaneously, most carriers don't want to stock that type of phone.

Thanks. I just hadn't seen this thing before. Sounds kind of cool.

Thanks for that phaedo, it's obviously something my wife doesn't need in her next phone. :D

Ken

No, probably not - not something many people would have a use for, at the moment anyway, but give it a couple of years I guess... it can be very handy if you have say a business number and personal number, or one number for the wife, another for the girlfriend...

I own the Samsund D880 since months and i cano only say that it is great! I have put 2 sim cards inside and they are both operative simultaneously!

I can receive and give calls from Both, i can receive and send SMS from Both.

There is i "toogle" button on the device. You write an sms, or a phone number you want to call and you press it to choose the sim card which you want to send the sms (or the call ) from. Simple yet ultra practical. If you need 2 sim cards...it is the phone for you...

Nothing special concerning design or general functionality (you dont buy an iphone here...)