When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

2008 Breitling Super Avenger

elisiX

Hi All

Well as some will know, im cutting down my collection quite considerably to make room for some genuine watch purchases. It was always my intention to build up my rep collection and then sell parts off to replace with a few select genuine watches which I really love. I guess it was a way of saving up for them and enjoying the process along the way. Doing this has allowed me to really be sure of what watches I want as 'keepers' and IMO, the only true keepers are gens. Not giving up on rep collecting and will be keeping a few (Skyland is just THAT good!).

Items im moving can be seen here. http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?p=518397#post518397

Today I picked up a new 2008 Breitling Super Avenger with a white baton's dial. This is some serious hardware to say the least. Now I also own (which is for sale), a Franken Super Avenger with a genuine black dial, bezel, ETA7750 on genuine calf & deployant. While for all intents and purposes the franken is essentially a gen to the eye, and even with an ETA7750 comes close to the feeling of the real thing, there is still something to be said about the quality and feel of the genuine article. It's hard to explain other than to say it's incredibly satisfying.

I've also placed a deposit on a new 111K at my local AD and I should pick this up in the next week. For now, enjoy the SA!. BTW.. im not sure what the US retail price is or what you can get these for but I paid $4004 AUD which was 30% off the Aussie RRP. That amounts to approx $2644 USD at today's exchange rate. An absolute steal for this kinda money really!

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

mmmk... lets go outside.. :)

DSC_0027.jpg

DSC_0028.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

DSC_0030.jpg

DSC_0033.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

DSC_0036.jpg

DSC_0046.jpg

DSC_0052.jpg

DSC_0054.jpg

Ohh man!!

I wish that I had $2644 to by this... or $6000 to by two.... or $100.000 to by... think you get the picturre.

The Super Avenger i soo nice. :1a:

I have a rep Navitimer and I love it.

If I where to by a gen right know I think i would go with the black Skyland... it

An unreal price,the msrp is the same no matter what currency you use,this is where guys in the US get screwed (for once :p ) so people like myself and Jay pay the msrp (plus usual discount) in our funds,hence it showing that it only cost him $2600 USD,nobody can actually pick it up for that price,thats even much less then online gray market sellers. He paid around 4k in his funds,like an American would pay in USD,though the Australian dollar as well as my dollar (Canadian) are worth far less.

Its odd that Breitling does not price adjust as it relates to currency value.

That's a really lovely piece. I know what you mean about gens being the real keepers. I have recently bought a gen chrono Avenger and as a result I will be selling my series 1 franken rep CA which has a gen dial and is being refitted with a high-beat A7750 to cure a movement problem. While the franken is so close to the gen there's nothing like the real thing. Enjoy your new watch.

Thanks for the comments guys. Absolutely loving this. So glad I made the move to Gen.

The price is great considering the AUD at present. What you need to understand is that the dollar is about 65c today. When these aussie retail prices were set, the AUD was close to 1:1 USD. When that was the case, it would've been much cheaper to buy from the states or grey market. What im happy about is that the dollar wont move back to 1:1 for a while, and if I sell in the next year at the price I paid ($2400 USD) it'll sell quick and ill get every cent back I spent on it. lol. This same rule applies to the Panerai 111K im buying. Im getting this for full retail $6400 AUD (no discount on PAM in AUS) which is almost $4280 USD. I've seen the 111K selling second hand on TZ for $4900 USD!. Hope you can understand all that. I could essentially flip both of these watches for the common second hand prices on TZ and MAKE money.

Today I was out on a bloody awesome Yacht with the family and the chef was a Gordon Ramsay Apprentice (awesome food btw). Well he took a liking to ol Ramsay I think cause he was wearing a very nice Navitimer. Ramsay is a Breitling Ambassador right? Anyway, I took a couple pictures on my iPhone but these two came out ok. Gotta love women, the water and watches..

:)

IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_0059.jpg