When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Last piece of a 16520 puzzle is here

Guest Sql_pl

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Sql_pl

I am happy to report that the watch is almost complete!

Hands are installed, tomorrow (well technically today as it is already wednesday!) movement will be mounted in the case and it will be shipped my way!

Still can't believe I am that close now!

Guest Sql_pl

Looks like everything related to this watch must be crazy for me. :unsure::wacko:

It is on the way since wednesday - but I just found out it was shipped..... registered mail! :doh: :doh:

I think I may end up with heart attack here. :shock::blowup:

I have a 6k usd watch coming to me as a regular letter that may take as long as 15 days to arrive..... and with no way of tracking it since it left Germany..... :frusty::o :o :o

Up to 15 days with NO info about its whereabouts... :cry:

M, the wait must be killing you I'm feeling it and it's not my watch! (Wish it was). Anyway here's a story that I was told to keep you amused whilst you wait for your beloved to arrive.

Back in the days of the British Empire a large diamond was found in South Africa - I'm not sure which diamond it was but it was very big maybe the Kohinoor or something. The diamond was to be taken to England for setting (I think in the crown jewels) so it had to be insured for the journey. I don't know which insurance company took it on but they made one stipulation - that the diamond be packaged in a normal cardboard box and sent to England anonymously in the standard Royal Mail no registering - nothing! This was seen to be the safest way to send such a valuable item as it was completely anonymous and the chances of it being lost were in reality millions to one.

Like I say I was told this story so it may well be complete BS but I like it anyway.

Well that's taken one minute of your time, hope it helped :D

That's great story, thanks.

I heard that registered mail is safe because people usually would not suspect they could find something valuable inside. But I did hear a lot of stories about how families from abroad used to send cash in regular letters to their families here and it was regularly stolen. That's scary.

Also the fact there is no way to track it is shitty.

Today I called like gazillion post offices and sorting centers (I know how weird it may sound but I am crazy) and noone could tell me anything about where it might be.

I guess I just need more patience.

Maybe if I am lucky I will receive a huge diamond and get myself another 16520 :)