When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A "fun" Breitling purchase - $88 Super Avenger Brushed SS w/ UTC...quartz?!

hackR

I am smiling b/c i decided to buy myself a "fun" christmas gift that wouldn't break the bank...A quartz version Super Avenger w/ UTC brushed SS with white dial...has a skyland look bezel; which looks great and obviously not the one the Super authentic comes with...but then again, this isn't authentic...and in brushed SS, skyland bezel, quartz, etc, etc - i'm allowed to live in a fantasy world!

I've always wanted a UTC bracelet...ever since I fondled my Holy Grail on a Paris business trip in the early 1994 -- a titanium Aerospace , italics numerals, lume, two-tone with UTC...someday...yeah, right...have 3 kids to get thru college first!...

Anyhow -- I stumbled upon an $88 kinda/sorta Super Avenger, 49-50mm, with UTC - quartz at watcheden...i have purchased from watcheden before and recommend them...a Hublot big bang -- and am now waiting on an automatic VC Jubilee 1755 SS...they answer all questions promptly and the watch arrived well-packed, etc...back to the $88 watch...anyhow, a brushed SS Super that has a white face...i'm getting the white face b/c i assume there's no AR on this and it should be less noticeable...lol...yeah, right...like this watch is discreet?!...i find that the Super with polished SS is far too blingy for my tastes - so the brushed SS tones it down a lot...the bezel, however, appears to be a Skyline Avenger version...the pearl and the numbers are definitely Skyland version...the authentic Super only has 15, 30, 45, 60 numbers...and the skyland bezel, as we all know - has numbers in 5 multiples and riders at 15, 30, 45, 60...

i found some pictures of an older quartz Super Avenger, white dial w/ UTC - which i am attaching...i am also attaching a couple pix from watcheden...the watch i just bought appears to be an updated version of the older model in the pix with an updated, wrongly placed, but better made, skyland version bezel -- with an "ok" looking pearl (many of the cheaper chrono avengers and super avengers have blobby pearls...

when i eventually get the watch, i'll try my hand at some pictures...

Thought I'd share this with you all for comments...and seriously, for $88 -- which includes shipping via EMS?! - to the USA, how can you beat it...it's just a fun watch -- a mammoth one!...

Enjoy....R

post-16947-1229135048_thumb.png

post-16947-1229135078_thumb.jpg

post-16947-1229135100_thumb.png

post-16947-1229135128_thumb.jpg

sa_18470_3.bmp

sa_18470_4.bmp

sa_18470_5.bmp

sa_18470_7.bmp

sa_18470_8.bmp

sa_18470_6.bmp

Mr. TT - you're right, my friend...it is supposed to be about fun...

a lot of folks have already read this thread, yet no replies - besides yours, that is...

certainly we all are connected with this "hobby" b/c it's not ALL about "telling time"?!...

so i say, why not celebrate the "fun" aspect from the "serious"...

woo hoo!........lol...

)and for those serious folks, i do have an sfso and a skyland to project my majestic status in life!...rep, of course...

enjoy...as i will....

R-