When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pics: Breitling Montbrillant Legende

italiano17771

first impression...its very nicely done. the slide rule lines up perfectly, the bezel is nice and tight, the AR is great, and the bracelet surprisingly is pretty good...will be much better with a lil WD-40. im sure its nothing compared to the gen bracelet, but its much thicker than the SA bracelet. also, the bracelet comes with PLENTY of links...i could put the watch on without opening the clasp. :o i had to take 4 links out and i have a 7-1/4 inch wrist. the datefont is almost perfect and the sunken DW doesnt bother me all that much. i knew it would be sunken since it should be using the 7753 mvmt. the color of the dial is a cream..not pure white.

a few unedited pics...

legende003ok7.jpg

legende001ii9.jpg

legende002tc8.jpg

legende004pw2.jpg

legende005in3.jpg

legende006uy8.jpg

legende007td4.jpg

legende009sc6.jpg

legende010fk6.jpg

I think the datewindow is a big giveaway on this one. Note only is the datewheel sunken (expected as Italiano pointed out) but its quite a bit smaller than the gen. I was checking out the gen on Friday and the date stands out because it is big and easily readable.

This was to be expected, if you have seen what the front of the modified 7750 looks like you'd know why. Aside from that unavoidable issue I really think they've done a great job with this one. I do believe that the dial should be a "true" white though.

I feel that the lume blob misalignment with the Skylands and Super Avengers are more of a "tell" to the non-WIS than the sunken date wheel, small date window, and yellow gold hands on the Legende. If the dial print is good and everything else looks in order, it won't be a dead giveaway like an off center lume dot or dots. Again, I mean to those not intimately familiar with the gen.

Very nice replication. Frankly, no one looks at the date wheel anyway (except us). As for lume....unless it's night no one will notice that either and even if they do they won't think twice. I have a lot of gens (including Breitlings) and after a few years the lume is reduced greatly.

Congrats and wear it well!