When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Mont Blanc Timewalker Chrono - so little discussion of this wonderful piece?

JCYL

I've searched through the entire website on this watch and there are very little discussions on it, and none on its mods. For those who've purchased the rep of this MB timewalker, which of the followings do you think is the reason?

1) there's little interest in this watch among members on this forum

2) the watch is so well made that no mods are needed at all

3) the flaws cannot be corrected with currently available mod parts

Thanks guys. I think I'm about to buy one. Just want some feedback from those who have bought it already. :D

web-mb-timewalker-ss-white-896.jpg

I would guess there are a couple of issues:

1. Many folks think of Mont Blanc as a pen company - not a watch company and so it is not afforded much respect

2. Gens can be purchased at huge discounts immediately after issue

3. Just not a respected name in the watch community in spite of having some very nice watches

Actually, there's been a fair amount of discussion about this watch. But, bear in mind, it's about a year old now. I think it came out in late 2007, so it's been around for a while. Here's the best review (with a side-by-side comparision with the gen) I've read about the TW chrono:

http://www.replica-watch.info/phpBB3/viewt...=10&t=44315

I just ordered one for myself with the PVD/SS bracelet. It's technically a fantasy, but it's not like you couldn't get PVD coating done on the gen aftermarket. Great, great rep. Lots a wrist presence.

You overlooked the latest .. the SS/PVD version.. PVD dial is pretty cool .. there was a pictorial on this one with macro shots..

And it's nopt a "Fantasy Watch".. the background pic is actually from the MonteBlanc web site .. it is the same SS/PVD genuine..

montblanctwpvdss025px0.jpg

83468608zz6.jpg

montblanctwpvdss010ki7.jpg

montblanctwpvdss003kd4.jpg

montblanctwpvdss015xx7.jpg

montblanctwpvdss034pp1.jpg

A member from france is in Love with the MB .. the diver to be exact..and the first Rolex Submariner was designed by a Designer from France..

the rarest of the rare.. history say's the designer wanted a watch he could dive with and then wear with formal attire... B) .. very French.. :lol: it was TT ~ gold and SS

dsea6jk0.jpg

Regardless of the price I think the MB's are very classy .. B)

I like it. I normaly wouldn't go for SS and a silver dial but that works realy well. Not so sold on the PVD yet which, if you know my tastes is rare as I usualy like the stuff. May be better IRL me thinks. I think a different dial color might help sway me. PVD gold or silver maybe. The band I do like just not shure this watch works with blk dial and bezel. Like to see both black and silver/white dials in TT gold.TT rose gold and black dial would be rather nice I think. Full RG even? Maybe on a nice strap.

Col.

Timewalker chrono has been on my "list" for quite a while now. I really think that it is an awesome design, the only MB that I would even consider. I think that a lot of members have a stigma about the sunken datewheel issue on the modified 7750 watches however, and no matter how good it is, it will never be a big seller.

I've been looking around for what the trusted dealers here have to offer for this particular watch, and i noticed there're different levels of accuracy: one type has the better rotor with wavy pattern and blue nails; the less accurate type has the rotor that's perfectly flat and with silver nails.

I've been looking around for what the trusted dealers here have to offer for this particular watch, and i noticed there're different levels of accuracy: one type has the better rotor with wavy pattern and blue nails; the less accurate type has the rotor that's perfectly flat and with silver nails.

Got mine from Perfect Clones.. all the 4 factory dealers have the same piece

Perfect

Trusty

King

PT