When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anybody buying the AP Navy Themes?

I am sorry but to best of my knowledge NAVY was available only with plain white dial in gen form.

3CFCD760-F47E-D301-8CFC927720BDC37C.jpg

I did extensive research on this, so I must say I was quite alarmed that I might have missed this.

FYI - as per Luxury Bizaare

" I am actually wearing a navy as we speak and its part of my collection. It definitely has the checkered dial. If I am not mistaken, the very first version may have come with a plain white dial and a regular blue leather strap. F and G serial come with checkered dial and blue hornback strap."

"G is 2008-2009 model and F is 2006-2007"

If I am not mistaken, the very first version may have come with a plain white dial and a regular blue leather strap. F and G serial come with checkered dial and blue hornback strap."

apnavyqw1.jpg

but i still very much doubt that this has a plain dial, because all royal oaks have full or partly checkered dials, thats the character of RO.

Oh I guess we have a misunderstanding here.

I did not mean "Plain" as "with no texture"

I was talking about the shade of white - in rep it looks like silvery-white while gen has checkered but plain white color dial.

White like milk :)

because I have received 2 clocks, the first model white subdial blu is navy, the second model blue subdial white is Porto Cervo.

Thanks for clearing that up. Could you post a picture of the Porto Cervo caseback? As far as I'm aware, AP did not release publicity shots of the caseback. I'm interested to see whether the rep makers put a standard caseback on it or something different.

... "get busted" what are they going to put me in rep jail?

No, they're going to laugh at you, but only after you leave the store. They're not going to call out a potential customer (I hear that Tourneau actually has a written policy that salespeople should never call out customers no matter how awful the rep), becaue the downside of being wrong is far worse than the upside of being right. My guess is that the salespople at Westime spotted your rep in under three seconds, and I bet if you do some reading around here and learn how they could tell, you won't wear a rep Offshore inside any more AD's....

No, they're going to laugh at you, but only after you leave the store.

No they're not... They have NO clue whether one of our "Super Reps" is gen or fake without a magnifying glass and a set of reference photos. Most watch stores- even very, very high end shops- know what the cheap Canal Street reps look like- they really have no idea how finely finished and truly accurate these are on the wrist.

As an owner of several gen Panerais and being very well acquainted with the reps I spent a FIVE hour flight looking at the Panerai 104 on the guy across the aisle from me- and noticing that i really liked the look of the 104- He noticed the 088 on my arm and asked if he could look at it- I unstrapped the watch and handed it to him- "Wow" he said- "I've never held a real Panerai before- cool"... and handed it back.

A story I've told on another forum already is wandering through the Frankfurt airport with a rep Planet Ocean on my arm I was checking out the new Cartier Roadsters at a little stand- the lady asked me if I was interested in the watch- DEMANDED that I hand her my PO so she could give me a trade in appraisal- I obliged- she came back with an offer- now of course to complete the deal they would have taken the back off the watch- seen the ETA movement and called the cops- but you get the point.

I bought a $30 Submariner rep in NYC and gave it my son just to mess with- he wore it to school and the Principal sent him home with a note scolding me to "Not display your obvious wealth in such a profound manner"... THIRTY BUCKS and had a clear display back!!

The fact is the AP reps are amazingly good- the noticeable aspects- the way the brushed and polished parts of case reflect light- the way the waffle dial looks different for different angles- the rubber of the pushers and crown offset by the SS of the bezel- You put an MBW hornback on a Sec at 12 AP ROO and you can wear that watch ANYWHERE in the world- Now of course if you post 1200 pixel wide images on the Horumundi AP forum one of the pretentious little Ferrari fans there will call you out.

I've held a gen and a rep rubberclad in my own hands side by side- true the finishing of the gen is spectacular- but that's with my nose five inches away under a high intensity lightsource. On the wrist, in the world...It's "Where's Waldo".

First rule of rep owning- Never be ashamed of your WRISTWATCH.

Second rule of rep owning- Never lie about your WRISTWATCH.

life's to short.

No they're not... They have NO clue whether one of our "Super Reps" is gen or fake without a magnifying glass and a set of reference photos. Most watch stores- even very, very high end shops- know what the cheap Canal Street reps look like- they really have no idea how finely finished and truly accurate these are on the wrist.

As an owner of several gen Panerais and being very well acquainted with the reps I spent a FIVE hour flight looking at the Panerai 104 on the guy across the aisle from me- and noticing that i really liked the look of the 104- He noticed the 088 on my arm and asked if he could look at it- I unstrapped the watch and handed it to him- "Wow" he said- "I've never held a real Panerai before- cool"... and handed it back.

A story I've told on another forum already is wandering through the Frankfurt airport with a rep Planet Ocean on my arm I was checking out the new Cartier Roadsters at a little stand- the lady asked me if I was interested in the watch- DEMANDED that I hand her my PO so she could give me a trade in appraisal- I obliged- she came back with an offer- now of course to complete the deal they would have taken the back off the watch- seen the ETA movement and called the cops- but you get the point.

I bought a $30 Submariner rep in NYC and gave it my son just to mess with- he wore it to school and the Principal sent him home with a note scolding me to "Not display your obvious wealth in such a profound manner"... THIRTY BUCKS and had a clear display back!!

The fact is the AP reps are amazingly good- the noticeable aspects- the way the brushed and polished parts of case reflect light- the way the waffle dial looks different for different angles- the rubber of the pushers and crown offset by the SS of the bezel- You put an MBW hornback on a Sec at 12 AP ROO and you can wear that watch ANYWHERE in the world- Now of course if you post 1200 pixel wide images on the Horumundi AP forum one of the pretentious little Ferrari fans there will call you out.

I've held a gen and a rep rubberclad in my own hands side by side- true the finishing of the gen is spectacular- but that's with my nose five inches away under a high intensity lightsource. On the wrist, in the world...It's "Where's Waldo".

First rule of rep owning- Never be ashamed of your WRISTWATCH.

Second rule of rep owning- Never lie about your WRISTWATCH.

life's to short.

Great post, I couldn't agree more and FOR THE RECORD. I never went into WT and presented my watch. I walked in there and they complemented me on it. As far as getting the bracelet sized to fit my wrist, I took it to a jewler in my neighborhood. NOT an AD.... I was happy and excited with my new purchase and if I seemed to happy on this site, well then gentleman, excuse me. I love it here, lots of great info and certainly a possible hobby in the making but come on guys take it easy....

ps. I too am a gen owner of many watches. the AP ROO is my first rep

thank you Gen_owner for your post.

thank you Gen_owner for your post.

Yeah been on RWi for years-

People always ask why i would bother with the "Fake" watches when I have so many nice "real" watches- and I explain that I LOVE watches- and I can buy 5-10 reps a ear for less than one gen- and sell them off when I'm done playing with them- And my rep Po led to a gen PO- My rep Submersible led to a gen 024, And with prices of pre owned watches falling- maybe a gen AP???

But in general it's NOT a good idea to play "Chicken" with ADs- you know- making a trip to the delaer JUST to see if you can pull off wearing a rep. (You can)