When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Day-Date dealer issue? Please help!

isandhu19

Hi Guys, I am pretty new to this forum and have not made any posts but have read a lot and you guys seem to know your stuff. I ordered a rolex day date watch for my dad as a gift from one of the highly reputed dealers off of rwg who I will not yet reveal. I ordered two watches, one which he never sent and forgot about, the other which he sent the wrong watch. The rolex watch I ordered from the pictures was a different watch to the one he sent me. It feels cheap and flimsy, the clasp is totally different. I contacted the dealer and he told me its the new style and thats supposed to solve everthing? He will not exchange it? Why should I accept a watch that I did not order, It is his fault for sending me a different watch without informing me first rite?

Any help will be really appreciated guys?

Thanks

No offense, but your description of the story does not sound like 1 of our usual collectors. Generally, if they send the wrong watch (which happens on occasion), they will exchange it for the 1 you ordered (though some may ask you to pay the return shipping). But without knowing who the collector was, there is not much more I can offer.

Yes exactly, I too am very surprised that he has responded like this. I am very genuine as in I believe I should get what I have ordered and dont expect any favours but if someone has sent the wrong watch to what I have ordered and comes up with a lame excuse like this then what should be done? I am waiting to see what he says, like I said I am genuine and have all the emails I have received and sent just to make sure. Thanks for replying freddy. Do you think you can give me some advice on this, I dont mind emailing you the sellers name but I just dont want to expose him on here yet if I can get him to reason.

thanks

The biggest problem with not getting what you ordered is that it may no longer be available. However, although Datejust cases have changed, I was not aware of the DD cases being updated. But if the dealer can't get the model you wanted, all he could do is refund you your money and they hate doing that. He might swap it out for another watch, but that may not really solve your problem.

As far as the watch being flimsy- that's a Rolex trait also, especially the bracelets. And if you ordered gold, well it's plated, so you really can't expect too much. Gold reps are very much a hit or miss proposition- not recommended here for the most part.

A pic of the watch would help, as welll as the dealer- we could check his pics on his website.