When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

WTB: New strap for my BP 5002

mastmampf

Hello,

i am looking for a new strap for my Big Pilot 5002 i purchased here from another forum member. The rep strap is really crap and now i`m searching the web for a new one with 22/18 measurements, also i want to keep the rep clasp.

Anyone knows a good site where i can get a nice strap?

Thanks for help.

Regards

Matz

If I were you I'd give it a try with some resident strapmakers from the forum...there are a couple of them on RG forum, such as Vanilla Gorilla and petergunny who really have some great skills...they posted some straps made for the BP which are really amazing...I am not sure about cajun straps (you can use the search button here on RWG) but I think he could make a really nice gator as well for your IWC...

good luck in your search!

a custom made strap is always a better choice...you can always work out something with the maker

@dadog13

I think you`re right and a custom made strap would be the best choice.

you should really see GV's ostrich strap for the BP...you would order one immediately!

this pic is from his post on RG - I really hope he doesn't mind that I posted it cause it can get him only new orders...

3106355038_6b178761ea_o.jpg

Edited by dadog13

So i emailed www.waccex.de yesterday (they`re selling the BOB pilot strap) and asked about the thickness of their strap.

I got response today and the BOB pilot strap is 4mm thick at the whole lenght so it should not work with the rep clasp. But maybe it fits if increasing the clasp a little bit with a small file.

I think the thicker the strap the more it would look good on this huge watch.

Regards

Matz