When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Happy to finally be here!

grilly

Hey folks!

Happy to be here as I have been looking for something like this to help me research and then finally purchase a couple of rep. watches that I would otherwise be too reluctant to purchase off of just some site on the net. I've been wanting to have a really nice watch for my collection, but as with most people these days, can't justify spending thousands of dollars on a watch. I've often wondered how some folks come to spend that much on a watch as I have a wife and children and just can't see it. I would love to, but I just have so many other things that I have to take care of, I just don't see it happening for me at this stage of my life (30 years old). Maybe when I've finally "made it" chilling on back porch overlooking the water I can then justify investing on my dream, an IWC Hand-Wound Pilot watch.

I'm also an Omega and Oris guy and these are the two brands of watches that I plan on researching on here. Anyways, happy to be here, I hope I can contribute to site in some way, and I look forward to discussing the finer points of timepieces with all of you.

thanks

Welcome! You'll find that this site is by far the most comprehensive and helpful site on the net regarding watches (and not just reps either)...

I saw a gen Oris on the sales board here for a great price...might be able to pick that up...be sure to read Toadtorrent's Noob guide! Feel free to PM!

Edit: Here's the Oris http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...507&hl=Oris but it looks like it's been sold