When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Val 72 hand post question?

Martyd3

Is the post for the running second hand shorter on a Val. 72 movement? I am trying to install the hands on my Daytona project and I can't see the top of the post to install the second hand. The posts for the the chronograph counters sit flush with the dial. I realize the post tube is longer on the second hand, but this one is proving to be a b**ch to install.

Thanks.

Marty

I cannot remember which of the 3 pinions is short, medium or long, but the 3 subdial hands' tubes should be staggered to match each of the V72's stepped-height pinions

3_dw_chronohands.jpg

As this is Rolex-related, your post probably would have received more attention (& a quicker response) had it been posted in the Rolex forum.

I cannot remember which of the 3 pinions is short, medium or long, but the 3 subdial hands' tubes should be staggered to match each of the V72's stepped-height pinions

3_dw_chronohands.jpg

As this is Rolex-related, your post probably would have received more attention (& a quicker response) had it been posted in the Rolex forum.

Thanks Freddy. I know the long tube is for the second hand. I did not realize all three pinions were different heights.