When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Date jumps 2(!) dates at once at midnight?

Rolexman

The keyless works popped on my SSD Lite so I tried to fix it myself. I have all the right tools and know my way around watches. I did it with the help of Toads/ Ajoesmith's great tutorial on swapping a DG2813 for a 4813. No problemo :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Everything went according to plan and the watch is all assembled en looks perfect but now I noticed the date jumps 2 dates at once at midnight???... how is that even possible? If I set the date by hand it jumps just 1 date like it should. Everything works perfect, just for this one little thing.

Any input is appreciated :)

Thanks Zigg. I found out what it was. It wasn't the spring but the arm (don't know what it's called) I installed it facing down instead of up.

Pic courtesy of Toadtorrent

cimg3565222dp9.jpg

During my fix I broke the spring for the date quick set :( . I know this movement is cheap as hell but I just wanted to ask if someone perhaps have a spare which he wants to sell me? Or maybe know where to order one? I've put all my effort into fixing this movement and would take it as a defeat if I had to order a new one... if that makes any sense :huh:?

pict0234jm1.jpg

During my fix I broke the spring for the date quick set :( . I know this movement is cheap as hell but I just wanted to ask if someone perhaps have a spare which he wants to sell me? Or maybe know where to order one? I've put all my effort into fixing this movement and would take it as a defeat if I had to order a new one... if that makes any sense :huh:?

I might have a dead movement I can send you. I'll check on it and let you know.

Update: I found it and it appears to be the same movement. You can have it. Just let me know where to send it.

I might have a dead movement I can send you. I'll check on it and let you know.

Update: I found it and it appears to be the same movement. You can have it. Just let me know where to send it.

RWG at its best! Already contacted SR by PM. What a great guy :good:.