When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Geroge's Mbw Watch Site

Guest aclaimsman

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Okay... I know the experts here have been screaming that WM9 is too expensive, but I honestly have not seen a Blue TT SUB that looks as nice as the one he offers.... SO I PULLED THE TRIGGER and just forked out USD $583 to this guy. I will be posting pictures as soon as I get it.

heh... so am I! I got an email from WM9 confirming my order saying that it should arrive by Aug 31st. We shall see.

Bon chance mon ami!!!!!

As for Subs, as a previous poster stated, I got a 95% accurate replica from Paul for $119 that so far has fooled 100% of the people who have seen it.

David, I'm very interested in the blue Tt Sub you will get from WM9.

I've bought 2 MBWs and they both needed mods (new dials and bezel inserts) to make them tolerable.

The correct color blue for the dial and bezel is very difficult to reproduce, and if this WM9 TT Sub comes close to the genuine, it's worth the $500+.

David, I'm very interested in the blue Tt Sub you will get from WM9.

I've bought 2 MBWs and they both needed mods (new dials and bezel inserts) to make them tolerable.

The correct color blue for the dial and bezel is very difficult to reproduce, and if this WM9 TT Sub comes close to the genuine, it's worth the $500+.

I don't know, maybe I'm cranky today but....WTF?????????

"I've bought 2 MBWs and they both needed mods (new dials and bezel inserts) to make them tolerable."??????

I have never understood this MBW stuff. This is a watch that if it showed up in a replica review without being touted as "OEM upgradeable" would have most of the guru's here laughing at it's imperfections. From what I've seen, the basic CN Sub has far fewer flaws than the legendary MBW. Yeah, I know feel is the difference but so what if the detail flaws are so glaring?

I have never understood this MBW stuff. This is a watch that if it showed up in a replica review without being touted as "OEM upgradeable" would have most of the guru's here laughing at it's imperfections. From what I've seen, the basic CN Sub has far fewer flaws than the legendary MBW. Yeah, I know feel is the difference but so what if the detail flaws are so glaring?

I'm with you--sort of. A modded MBW will be better than a modded any-other-version because of the MBW cases and their ability to take OEM inserts without making them smaller. You have to ask yourself if the increase in accuracy a modded MBW will give you is worth the extra dough youll spend. For some it's worth it and others are fine with the out of the box accuarcy of the latest subs. All are happy, and that's point of hobbies.

Well, I'm with you on the modern MBWs, CC. After trying 2 of them, 1 year apart, and both had flaws I'm not wasting any more $ or effort on the modern MBWs. I was shown photos before purchasing. What I got was not what the photos showed. And forget about after purchase support.

Howewer, someone on TRC, I think it was a member named XRT just recently posted a pic of a blue TT Sub he just got from MBW dealer George and it was absolutely stunning, the best I've seen. I was speechless, and a bit [censored], as you can imagine.

Okay, Here are some pics of WM9 TT Blue Sub someone posted on his forum. They were dead links, but I figured out you have to be a member of KodakGallery.com to view them. They are not the greatest photos, but... but one shot appears to show a really nice rehaut. What do you think? :g:

post-1064-1155918530_thumb.jpg

post-1064-1155918541_thumb.jpg

post-1064-1155918568_thumb.jpg

post-1064-1155918576_thumb.jpg

Okay, Here are some pics of WM9 TT Blue Sub someone posted on his forum. They were dead links, but I figured out you have to be a member of KodakGallery.com to view them. They are not the greatest photos, but... but one shot appears to show a really nice rehaut. What do you think? :g:

Not great pics but the dial should be better. The "swiss made" doesn't appear to be centered, the "m"s do not seem line up and the 6:00 marker is too low. <_<

what do you mean by the "'m's dont line up"?

and what about my actuall question.. THE REHAUT!

The "m"s in 300m and chronometer line up perfectly in the gen dial. This one looks off center which is a common flaw in TW cased sub dials as are the other details I mentioned.

The rehaut is good. This appears to be a TW case which is about as accurate as you can find.

Edited by Jetsons

The "m"s in 300m and chronometer line up perfectly in the gen dial. This one looks off center which is a common flaw in TW cased sub dials as are the other details I mentioned.

Good eye Jetsons... I see that now. While I am a big fan of attention to detail... I consider these minor issues which I can live with.

Important to me in this purchase is 1) The Rehaut 2) Dial Color 3) The solid 18K bracelet

I will of course be taking a link for analysis to make sure it is pure 18K and not wrapped or 14K or something else. I have ordered an aftermarket insert from ebay already.