When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Everrose

RobbieG

I have never been much of a fan of yellow gold. My complexion just isn't suited to it so I usually gravitate to steel, WG or PT in terms of taste. Obviously, there has been a meteoric rise in the popularity of red, rose, or pink gold as they are all correctly called. I do think it is cool to bring back these alloys as historically they are much more significant than yellow gold. I also think that when done right, rose gold can be just breathtaking. Really soft and understated and not blingy at all IMO.

That said, I have noticed recently the differeces in color and patina of the different alloys used by the various companies and how some are just aweful. You all know I am a pretty big UN fan and have two pieces now, but man, their rose gold is just terrible. It is like the worst yellow gold with a touch of brown and green thrown in and then you have only to look forward to it looking worse as it ages. Anyway, some rose gold is really great on the other hand. Some of my favorite rose gold is that frome Hublot, Breguet, Lange, and Vacheron. All of which are really deep and warm and very clearly rose gold as opposed to many others which look too much like yellow gold.

But the one that takes the cake IMO is the Rolex creation called Everrose, which given the way Rolex nails the look of its other metals (best looking steel in the world too), I'm not surprised. The look of this stuff is just dreamy and of course as Rolex has done with its WG - the color is essentially permanent due to completing the alloy with a small amount of platinum which serves to "lock in" the color. Rose gold, for those who don't know already, is extremely sensitive to swimming pools over the long run due to a reaction with the copper and chlorine. So anyway, knowing already that I loved Everrose I have been sniffing around at some different dial combos and found this a bit ago at an AD. It may be hard to tell in the pic, but it is just stunning in person. I fell in love right there. So allow me to present my newest love and favorite combo. Everrose gold and black tahitian mother of pearl. One may think that ity would be loud and blingy from this pic, but in person it is anything but. It just blends into the wrist and is very understated actually all things considered. I'll be interested to hear what the masses think. Dial preferences aside - its the metal baby - the metal - Rolex metal rules...

k118205blkmoprom1.jpg

OMG, thats a nice watch !!! wear it well my friend :-)

that dial is really special, im used to see mostly these with the "standard" dials, and this one is beautiful!

nice info about that "everrose" metal. i have never knew that before.

thanks for sharing!